Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday



-----1-----
I prepared this post.  TWICE.  Lost it.  TWICE.  I hate computers!  So, I'm making it simple today.

-----2-----
My uncle was on a missionary trip to Guatemala, and I learned yesterday that his bag containing his passport, etc., was stolen out of his rental car. Thankfully, he was able get in touch with the appropriate people to help him. Last I heard he was safe, was on a plane and headed back to the States. Talk about a scare for us here. But knowing my uncle, he'll have the best advernture story to tell as a result.
-----3-----
My oldest son went to the movies Thursday with his summer camp teen group. It cost $9 for a ticket. I gave him a $20 and told him I wanted change. Change is what I got - 20 cents to be exact. He swears he only bought a small popcorn and a large slurpie. This is exactly why we don't go to the movies, and why folks sneak their own snacks into the theaters. We could feed a small village for what it costs us to go to the movies. They have a bazillion % mark up on their popcorn, and you can get the same candy at Walmart for $1, yet the theater charges $5. Hey, theater owners! Want people to stop smuggling snacks into the theaters? Charge reasonable prices for your products! Just sayin'.
-----4-----
50 Shades of Grey - have any of you read this book?  I haven't read it yet, but then again, I haven't finished the Hunger Games trilogy yet either.  Several friends have read or are currently reading this book, and I cannot tell you the number of hiliarious texts that have been exchanged about this book.  If you haven't seen the video of Ellen DeGeneres trying to record the audio version, check it out here.
-----5-----
As I mentioned this will be a busy weekend because we're hosting a baseball tournament to off-set our World Series expenses. It will be an interesting weekend. I find the older I get the less tolerance I have for stupidity, so I feel sure I'll need to self-medicate at some point this weekend.
-----6-----
Am I the only that lusts after a Kitchenaid stand mixer?  No?  Forget I said that.  I know I mentioned that I'm making homemade chocolate chip cookies to sell.  Well, they're quite popular, but are a chore to make in my current mixer-challenged state.  I have been threatened with a lynching if I don't start bringing more because they sell out as soon as folks know I have them.  People buy multiple packages of them.  I've tried mixing them by hand; however, I'm old and after only a few stirs, my hands turn into Fred Sanford-esqe "arthritic claws."  A sweet friend loaned me her stand mixer, but the dough is a challenge for it as well, besides, I'll have to give it back to her sometime soon.  What I really want is a high-powered, high-falooting Kitchenaid Commercial mixer with all of the attachments.  I swear I'll use all the gadgets - even the pasta maker.  If Kitchenaid happens to be reading, I'd be happy to do a review for you.  Hint, hint.
-----7-----
Have a great weekend everyone.

For more Quick Takes, visit Jennifer at conversiondiary.com