Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


-----1-----

Our dog, Travis the miniature dachshund, apparently did something to his back late last week.  So, this week started off with a visit to the vet.  He seems to be doing much better now, but I'm sure that's due in large part to the steroid shot he received.  We're still trying to keep him from jumping or being too rambunctious.  For those of you familiar with a mini doxie, then you know this is no easy task.

-----2-----

As mentioned last week, this past weekend we held a baseball tournament to help raise money for the World Series.  We did pretty well, and I'd like to thank all of the folks that helped us, either by playing in the tournament or helping us work the various tables.  If anyone would like to make a donation or help sponsor our team, we are set up as a 501(c)(3) so your donation would be tax deductible, and would be greatly appreciated.  Please contact me directly for more information.

-----3-----


It's official!  I have been diagnosed with asthma.  I told you I'm falling apart.  Also, I go in Tuesday for an ultrasound on my thyroid.   Another family member will have surgery next week to remove what the professionals believe is a cancerous thyroid.  So prayers would be appreciated for them.


-----4-----

Father's Day is this Sunday, what do you have planned for the various Dads in your life? We don't have much planned.  Dinner out with my father, but I'm not sure what we'll do for Ben or my father-in-law. This is our 1st free weekend in ages, and we really have no idea what to do. We need to catch up on things around the house.  I think if Ben had it way, he'd spend the weekend in the recliner, but I could be wrong.

-----5-----

It's been a crazy busy week, so I don't have much for you today.  Sorry.  So, I think I'll stop here.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

For more Quick Takes, visit Jennifer at ConversionDiary.com