Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

-----1-----
My dad had surgery Thursday to remove his thyroid.  The surgery went well, and he was in good spirits.  He was even harrasing and joking with the nurses about their driving ability (or lack of ability) as they wheeled him to his room.  We should have the biopsy results in approximately 5 days.  Prayers would be appreciated.
-----2-----
Wednesday my youngest son's baseball team, the AR Easton Elite, participated in the Field of Dreams with the Arkansas Travelers Baseball Team.  For those unfamiliar with the Travs, they are a AA minor league team based out of Central Arkansas, and are an affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels.  Our boys met the Travs players, got their autographs and were able to go on the field with the Travs to their positions during the National Anthem.  How awesome is that?  Oh, and how many moms get to see their son's faces on "the big screen?"  Check this out!

Here's another picture of my youngest (on the right) and his best bud.  Thanks to Jamie, a sweet friend and mother of the other cutie patootie in the photo, for these awesome pictures.  My camera is a cheap one and currently has a dead battery.  Unfortunately, I can't find the charger.  Bummer.  Thankfully Jamie is usually able to capture some really good photos - especially of these two.  I'm guessing it's easier to take great pics when you have such adorable subjects, right?
My oldest son had a great time too, but he didn't really sit still long enough for me to snap a decent picture.  He was either running around with some of the other older brothers or he was at the food court.  Apparently tween boys' stomachs are bottomless pits.  I did manage to take this quick pic with my phone.  I think this was one of the umpteen times he popped back by to get more money because he was "about to staaaaarve."  sigh.
-----3-----

I know I talk about baseball alot, but really that's all we've got going on right now.  We're either on our way to baseball, at baseball or just finished baseball.  During the rare times we're not doing something baseball related, we're trying to catch up on laundry, housework, yard work and various other drudgery I'm sure no one is interested in hearing about.  Sorry. 

So this weekend is our State tournament.  I'm a little apprehensive about it.  Don't get me wrong, we have an awesome team.  But... to make a long story short, we're basically being forced to play pitching machine in the State tournament even though we have not played a single pitching machine tournament all year long.  We have a State USSSA Director that can do whatever he wants to do.  At least that what he tells us.  But that's a story for another time.

I'm praying the boys play well, no one gets hurt (please refer to this post), and they have a good time... win or lose.

-----4-----

Travis the Wonder Weenie (our miniature dachshund) seems to be feeling much better.  However, we're still limiting his jumping.  The poor thing thinks he's in trouble.  I'll have to make sure that Grammy and Grand Dad understand and abide by the no-jumping rule when they dog sit for us while we're at the World Series.  Hear that folks?! 

Check out his Razorback football jersey.  LOL!  I couldn't resist - don't judge me.  We should have named him Dobby, because there are certain expressions he has that remind me so much of Dobby, the house elf, from the Harry Potter movies.  This is one of those expressions.

  -----5-----

Speaking of the World Series, it's right around the corner, and I have so much to do and so little time!  Ahhh!  I haven't officially reached freak out mode yet, but I can feel the shakes starting.  I apologize in advance to anyone that may be caught up in the carnage. 

-----6-----

I finally got my hair did after about 8 or 9 months of deluding myself into thinking I could grow it out, and that it would actually look good.  Bwaaa haaa  haaaa!  Riveting topic, I know.  I'm struggling here, so I'll end your suffering now.

-----7-----
Enjoy your weekend everyone!

For more Quick Takes, visit Jennifer at ConversionDiary.com