Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

--- 1 ---
Last Friday, my oldest son called me crying. He went on a field trip with his summer camp to the city pool. While in the restroom, he slipped and his foot slammed into the door frame. He jammed his toe and practically tore the toe nail off the toe next to his pinky toe. This child is milking this injury, and I'm just about fed up. Granted, it looks pretty gnarly, and I know it hurt alot to begin with. It's now one week later, and I'm not buying it! Whenever I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do, he claims "it huuuurts." Right.
--- 2 ---
The same son, is supposed to get braces soon. For some reason, he still has several baby teeth that he should've lost some time ago - around the age of 9 I think. The dentist gave him 6 months to work on loosening those teeth or he said he would have to pull them. So far, he's lost 3 of those teeth. I picked him up Monday at summer camp, and he said that he ate a tooth. What?? He said that the rice cakes I gave him for a snack were really hard, so he spit them on the ground. Soon he realized that he had a tooth missing, so based on past events, he feels sure he must've swallowed it at some point. I guarantee what he thought was a really hard rice cake, was his tooth. This child rarely pulls a tooth. He'll usually lets the tooth get so loose that he ends up eating it with a chicken nugget or something. He swears he didn't realize this tooth was loose, but who knows.....

In the past we've written notes to the tooth fairy explaining what happened with the tooth. This time I guess she just knew.
--- 3 ---
My back is better. Yay! So, now I have no excuse. I need to get my big old booty back in gear and start working out again. I bought some snazzy new running shoes in pink. Yes, I said PINK, and hot pink is always good. 
Aren't they pretty?

I'm hoping to convince my hubby to clean his home improvement crap, er I mean stuff away from the treadmill so I can start using it again. I actually prefer to be outdoors, but it's really hot right now. As we say here in Arkansas, it's not so much the heat, but the humidity that'll get ya. LOL! I haven't run in almost a year. When I say run, I mean jog for 1/4 mile at a time. But, hey! You have to start somewhere, right?
--- 4 ---
I discovered a new television show. I've heard others talk about it before, but I'd never watched it until a few weeks ago. It's called Duck Dynasty. It's hilarious. I have to say that some of the people on that show remind me of some folks I know. If you get a chance to watch it, check it out.  Here's a quick preview.

--- 5 ---
Now that we don't have baseball practice 3 nights a week, I have to start cooking much more often. So, I'm searching for more quick yet tasty things to make. Sunday, I made my great Aunt Doris' chicken tetrazinni with the intention of having left overs for lunches during the week. HA! My boys left 2 small servings which I ate for lunch early in the week. I guess from now on, I'll have to double up on the casseroles if I want any left overs. Maybe I should start doubling or tripling up anyway so that I'll have one to freeze to prepare another day. Anyway, Monday we had taco salad. Can't really get much easier than that. Tuesday, I used the chicken broth left from preparing the chicken tetrazinni, and I made crock pot chicken & dumplings, again no left overs. Do any of you have some quick & easy recipes that you'd like to share? Maybe some crock pot recipes as well?
--- 6 ---
Speaking of easy meals.... This is a little too easy. I just read online that there are now mashed potato machines. It's like a slurpee machine that dispenses mashed potatoes and gravy. Think I'm kidding? Check this out:

What is that mess that dribbled out there at the end before the gravy?? Yuk!! What has this world come to? Thankfully these machines are currently limited to 7 Eleven stores in Singapore. I shudder at the thought of them coming to the States.
--- 7 ---
While on facebook last night, I was struck by a photo of 4 dachshunds sleeping all in a ball.  I commented to Ben that we needed another dachshund so that Travis would have a playmate.  After looking at the 50+ dachshund pics in that same album, Ben went to Craigslist and found a listing for a 7-week old female Chi-Weenie.  That's a chihuahua/dachshund mix.  Okay, the fact that it was a female was already a point in it's favor as far as I'm concerned.  I'm tired of being the only female in the house.  Then he showed me the picture.  Folks, I'm seriously considering adopting this sweet baby.  The thought of potty training a puppy is not all that appealing, but it's not really a deterrent.  Of course, Ben said he didn't care if I got another dog.  Hello?!!  Travis likes to snuggle with Ben, but only when I'm not available.  Travis is definitely my dog.  So, I think secretly Ben wants another dog as well. 

Heaven help me, I think I may get the boys and Travis and go visit this sweet little girl this afternoon.  Ben may just come home to find a new family member. 

Besides, how can you say no to this little face??  BTW - I called this morning, and there is only one puppy left which may or may not be the sweet little girl pictured, but still......

Have a great weekend everyone!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


 

.