Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What the Heck Wednesday

Yesterday was my birthday, so it's put me a little behind on my WTHW research.  Not that I did anything special, yesterday was much like any other day.  I just decided to be a little more lazy than normal.  Gabriel and I both had headaches and were a little cranky, so the less we did, the better.  Yesterday actually started by taking our new baby girl, Bitsy the chi-weenie puppy, to the vet.  Yes, we adopted that sweet little puppy that I mentioned Friday.  She's precious, and she already has everyone quite smitten.    I finally have a little girl in the house.  Yay!!

Although she looks black, she's actually more of a dark chocolate color.  So my boys wanted to name her Cocoa.  I liked Bitsy, so we compromised - Cocoa Bits and we call her Bitsy, Bit Bit, Lil Bit, you name it.
 
Even if she weren't so stinkin' adorable, I probably would have adopted her anyway.  I didn't actually see the condition of the home she was living in, but based on the young man I met with, I would assume it to be quite questionable.  She was not very clean, stank of cigarette smoke and was missing hair behind her ear where she had been scratching so much.  When I asked about the missing hair, the owner said, "that must be from them playing."  Ummm.... No.  So, I question the quality of care she was receiving as well.

As I mentioned, I took her to the vet yesterday for a check up.  She actually has a minor case of impetigo, which the vet stated is quite similar to infantigo.  Of course I had to google impetigo, and it says that puppies housed in unsanitary quarters are likely to be infected.  There you go!! We were given a shampoo to bathe her with every 2 or 3 days and an oral antibiotic.  Now that she's with us and being cared for properly, she'll be fine and dandy in no time.

The adorable puppy is just one more reason for present number 2.  I have two cameras: a Kodak Easy Share that Ben dropped while on vacation a few years ago.  Dropping it screwed up the focus and sometimes it will focus, sometimes not.  Sounds like some people I know.  If it were a person, it would fit in just fine.  But lack of focus is not really something you want from a camera.  I digress, Camera number 2 is a little Sanyo VPC E1090 point & shoot which takes decent pictures when you can find the charger.  Eh hmmm....  So, that leaves me with my cell phone camera.  Not really the picture quality I want.  I'm always asking other Elite mom's to take pictures for me.  Well, not anymore!  Ben ordered this for me.  Well, actually he told me to order it.  Ha!  Whatever! I got it!  That's what matters.  Yay!  I see lots of cute dog, kid and baseball photos in my future - maybe even some food shots to go with some recipes.  We all know any self-respecting blogger needs a decent camera, right?  At least something other than a cell phone camera.
Then Sunday, we celebrated Gabe's and my birthdays with my family by going out to eat after church.  Then we went back to my grandmother's house for cake and ice cream, and of course, presents.  My mother and grandmother surprised me with this!
The Kitchenaid Artisan 5-Qt stand mixer!  O.M.G!  I have to admit, I actually got a little teary-eyed when I opened this gift.  I have wanted one of these for ages - probably decades, but could never justify spending that much money on a mixer.  I've already had more requests for chocolate chip cookies, so this will come in really handy.  LOL!

Now - let's get down to business.  What the Heck Wednesday.  Are you ready?  are you sure?

Why would you do this to a perfectly good pair of skinny jeans?  I don't know about you, but there was no way my momma would've ever let me buy jeans that were already torn up.  Now that I'm an adult, I ain't buying them either.

Now, I don't understand this top.  What is with the oversized cowl neck?  Kinda reminds me of this.
What a cutie!

Okay, my poor dry legs are scaly enough.  Why on earth would I want them to look like giant fish scales.  If you'll notice some of the scales actually look like little shells and fish as well.  Are these supposed to be those scavenger fish you always see swimming around larger fish?  Just gross.

What is with this skirt?  It looks like it's tucked into the leg of her panties.  I thought I was the only one unfortunate enough to have things like that actually happen.

Remember what I said last week about an item that's described as upcycled?

Sleeveless, cowl neck hoodie.  Hmmmm.... It seems to me that if it's warm enough to go sleeveless, you probably won't be needing a hoodie either.

Grace Jones scares the crap out of me.

Seriously??  What is with all of the drop-crotch pants?  They're not cute - you just look like you have a diaper full.  Just sayin'

Okay, I was going to let this go, but this now makes approximately 1 million of those long, elf-looking hoodies that I've seen.  Why??  Remember, upcycled?  I like the color combination, but that's about it.  If you insist on reusing your old tee shirts, try using them as a dust rag.  Don't turn them into some freaky hoodie.

Not sure about this dress either.  Belted on one side, not on the other and pleats and folds right at the largest part of my body.  I want to hide my big ole belly, not accentuate it with pleats and drapes.

I'm not sure why, but this particular outfit reminds me of Olive Oyl.  Ya'll remember her??



Now playing at a theater near you, Aladdin. When did Aladdin, go blond. Notice that the pants have buttoned cuffs? Again, this is something called Eco. Based on Etsy's descriptions, "Eco" must mean be synonymous with shapeless, unflattering and ugly. Sorry folks.

Okay, where I live is hotter than the bowels of Hell in summer. I'm sweaty enough without adding leather to the equation. Leather shorts? That is a special kind of sweaty, right there folks. Now, add some opaque tights, a nice cardigan and you have something I may or may not have worn during the winter sometime in the 80s or early 90s. I plead the 5th.

Happy hump day ya'll!