Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


It's been a busy week. 
 
For those of you that don't know, I'm now on Twitter, and I have no idea what I'm doing. So follow me @Fescovedo, and watch me make a fool of myself. It should be fun.
--- 1 ---
This past weekend, some of the Easton Elite worked at our local Gander Mountain Sporting Goods to raise money for our team.   Gabe and one of his best buds were hamming it up for the camera.  We did quite well afterall, who could resist those sweet faces?
--- 2 ---
 
Monday, August 20th, my boys started back to school. I had to beg & plead to be allowed to take this picture.  Can you tell by their blinding smiles how thrilled they were to comply? I think I should have put their grade on their notes as well, huh? DUH!
--- 3 ---
 
Monday afternoon Gabe had a consultation at the eye doctor's office to work on getting his contacts in and out. I was so proud of him, it didn't take him long at all to figure it out. He wore them to baseball practice that night, and said that he really liked them for baseball. He got them out Monday night, but has had trouble getting them back in since. He loses patience too easily. He asks me to help since I've been wearing contacts for decades. However, if I tell him what I think is happening, he argues with me. So, apparently "help" means sit quietly and watch. I guess we'll see how this goes. Hopefully, he'll figure it out. 
--- 4 ---
Tuesday, Gabe and I did a little science experiment using our microwave. This is what we did.
--- 5 ---
 
We're making progress painting our hall bathroom. When I say "we," obviously I mean primarily ME. The boys will help me for all of about 10 minutes, then they're bored. So, between my broken pinkie toe and torn rotator cuff, the painting has been slow going. (Wow! Garrett really should have brushed his hair).
--- 6 ---
 
 
Potty training the little diva dog has had its ups and downs. I'll brag that she's doing so well, then the next day I'll find little puddles all over the house. Patience, I know. Unfortunately, those of you that know me well, know I have very little patience. Good thing she's so stinking cute!
--- 7 ---
The remainder of the week has been relatively uneventful. Thank goodness. I definitely need some down time for a bit. I have a couch loaded down with clean laundry, and apparently, I'm the only one that can put it away.  Lucky me.

We're playing in our first Fall baseball tournament this weekend. We've had to change our plans because the tournament director made the mistake of listing the teams too early. When the other 9 year old teams saw we were in the tournament, they called the director and pulled out of the tournament because they don't want to play us. HA! You can run, but you can't hide..... So, this weekend we're playing in the 10 year old division in a different tournament. At least we're closer to home.

TGIF!!
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!