Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


--- 1 ---

12 years ago today, we were blessed with a precious, beautiful little boy who is growing into a fine young man.  He's very smart and talented, caring and kind.  He's brought us so much joy, and I have to admit, he certainly keeps us on our toes.  Happy birthday, Garrett!!  We love you, buddy!

--- 2 ---
My prayers go out to everyone in the path of Hurricane Isaac.  I know, all too well, what they're going through.  I lived in South Miami in 1992 when Hurricane Andrew pummelled the area.  In fact, it's hard to believe that it's been 20 years.  August 24th, 1992.  A day I will certainly never forget. 

I've said this prayer many times this past week, "Lord, lay Your hands gently upon us.  Let their touch render Your peace.  Let them bring forgiveness and healing."
--- 3 ---
Week 2 of school is now complete.  Yet, we still have parents that can't figure out how to negotiate the car rider lane.  Seriously??  Here's a clue - follow the other 45 cars in front of you!  UGH!
--- 4 ---

The bathroom redo continues.  How is this possible with such a tiny room?  Well, it's snowballing.  You know how that happens.  Once the color is up, you don't like the finish of the fixtures or the color of the cabinetry or the window treatments, etc.  Well, those are the things I'm working on now.  I don't really have a before pictures other than the one of Garrett painting which shows the old wall color called Southern Pecan.  The existing fixtures are brushed nickel with gold accents.  I will either paint or replace those fixtures.  The current bath vanity golden oak, and it's about to get a make over as well.  Maybe I can show some before pictures of those things.....  I'll keep you posted.
--- 5 ---
I found a new blog, and ya'll this women is ah-mazing.  Thanks to her I've added about 20 more things to my To-Do List.  Even Ben seems quite interested in some of the projects she's done, especially if it's going to save him money.  When you get the chance, go visit Kristi at I Should be Mopping the Floor.
--- 6 ---

Bitsy, the Diva dog, had a vet check up this morning before work.  This puppy has doubled her weight since her last visit a month ago.  She's now 8 pounds.  I thought chi-weenies were little.  HA!  Ben jokes that she's pitbull because she always chomps down on his hand with those needle-like and won't let go.  I doubt she's pitbull, but who knows.  I adopted her from an individual who said she was a chi-weenie, but when I asked if the dachshund daddy was standard or miniature, she said, "The one with the short legs."  I kid you not, folks.  That is a direct quote!  So, who knows what Bitsy's parentage may really be.  The vet is estimating that she may end up being twice the size she is now. 

She was a little nervous about being at the vet's office this morning, so she crawled up and put her head on my shoulder like a baby.  Once she did that, she settled down just fine.  I sat holding her like this for about 10 minutes until the vet arrived.  She's really a sweet girl, when she wants to be.
--- 7 ---
Labor Day weekend is here!  I need a holiday (read:  time off), but I'm a little sad to see this one.  To me, this particular holiday has always meant that summer is officially over.  I'm not ready for that yet.  This year has absolutely flown by, and I want summer to hang around just a little longer. 

I hope you all have a very happy and safe Labor Day weekend!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!