Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Easy Peach Crumble

Over at Confessions of a Semi-Domesticated Mama, she posted a recipe for peach crumble, you can find it here.  Now, I'm not typically one for making pies, I'm more of a brownie person, but this recipe was so easy, and I knew it was something Ben would like, so I thought I'd try it.  In fact, I may or may not have used this recipe to bribe my hubby. 

Here are the cast of characters, so to speak.

 
Approximately 24 oz. of canned peaches.
1 yellow cake mix
1 cup of brown sugar
1 stick of butter
*Cinnamon & white sugar - optional
Instructions:
  1. Pour peaches and juice into 13x9 baking dish
  2. Cut the peaches into bite size pieces
  3. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the peaches.
  4. Slice the butter into small pats and layer on top of the cake mix.
  5. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the butter
  6. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes
*I sprinkled a little cinnamon and sugar over the peaches before I added the cake mix.

We had baseball practice that night, so by the time Gabe & I got home from practice, had dinner, etc., it was almost 10pm when I took it this out of the oven.  It smelled fabulous!  But, since it was so late, I only had a small taste as soon as it came of the oven, and it was yummy.  This recipe was a hit with Ben, especially when it's hot with some vanilla ice cream on top.


I told you it was easy, right? I'm not naming any names, but I think even someone who has set their kitchen on fire 3 times in one year, can handle this one - with some supervision, of course.

Sorry, I didn't get better pictures than I did or even one of the completed dish, but I dished up a big bowl for Ben while it was hot and then I remembered I needed a picture.  Ooops!  Let me just say, I was a tired momma, and ready to get some shut eye.

I hope you enjoy this! 

Stayed tuned, I hope to post more recipes soon.