Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What the Heck Wednesday

This statement may be considered borderline un-American, but I'm just about over the Olympics.  I know, I know.  The Olympics are pretty much all that's been on the TV in our home since opening ceremonies, and well.... I'm losing interest.

Actually, I haven't been interested in much lately other than sleeping.  I think I mentioned before that my youngest son and I have both been suffering from headaches almost every day for a while now.  I thought Gabe might actually have a sinus infection, so I took him to the doctor.  Nope, yet his headaches continue.  Mine do as well.  I think I'll chalk these headaches up to the dang heat.  Until we get some relief, I'm going to blame everything on the heat.

The news this morning said that so far this year, we have now had 21 days of temps over 100 degrees.  Folks, June and July aren't even the hottest months we have in Arkansas.  August is usually the scorcher, so I'm really concerned what August might bring.

Since my head is pounding yet again, I'm going to keep this short and sweet today.  Okay?  Let's get down to business....  What the Heck Wednesday.

This skirt looks like the hem might have gotten caught in the shredder at work.  Either that or it's caveman (errr cave woman?) couture.


I love animal print as much as the next girl.  But keep it simple, ladies! Use animal print as an accent.  You know?  A nice bag, a smokin' pair of heels, a scarf.....   Oh, and stick to ONE animal print at a time.  You can do an animal print shirt or skirt, but pair it with a solid.  This is animal overload.  

This would be cute on a toddler NOT on a full grown woman!
I'm not sure what to say about this one.  My backside is big enough without adding a bustle to it.  What is the stuff that looks like stitch witchery hanging from the back?  It actually looks like toilet paper hanging.  Just saying'.

Do people really dress like this?  Argh, me maties.... I got nothin'.

The description on this dress says romantic maxi dress.  Ummm, sure.  What makes this romantic?  The ruffle down toward the bottom??  Nothing says romance like wearing a shapeless gunny sack.
Two words that should never be said together:  Patchwork gauchos.  Ahhh!

Okay, folks, that's all I have today.

Happy hump day, ya'll.