Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What the Heck Wednesday

I almost didn't do this WTHW post today. 

I have both hands in braces due to carpal tunnel.  Typing?  Well... it ain't easy.  However, it's probably one of the easier things I can do in these darned braces.  I've had carpal tunnel for several years now, but rarely have issues.  I suppose the past few weeks of painting, sanding, etc., in my bathroom redo can be blamed for my current predicament.

Let's get started, shall we?

I discovered I have something similar to this in my closet.  Apparently there is a well-fed, giant, mutant moth that loved my brown wool cardigan.  Sadly, it's trash now, not fashion.

Why would you do this to a pair of jeans?  I typically like much of the stuff with a Victorian vibe to it, but this just doesn't make sense.  I'd catch one of those flowers or ribbons on something and rip a huge hole in the jeans.

This is called a cloud dress.  I supposed it's named cloud because it's supposed to be soft and flowy.  But I think it's called cloud, because it makes one look as big as a cloud.  NOT. FLATTERING.

Shadows of the sea upcycled sweater.  This should be buried at sea.

We've covered harem pants multiple times, but these kinda baffle me.  Why must the pleating start right at the top of the thigh?  They make her look like she's wearing chaps.

When I was decorating the nursey in anticipation of my youngest son's birth, I copied pages out of the book, The Very Hungry Catepillar by Eric Carle, framed them and hung them on the walls.  Cute for a baby's room, not so cute on a grown woman's skirt.

Look at all of the flowers on the bodice of this dress!  This must have been made for someone really lacking in that particular area.  If I were to wear this dress, I'd look like some freak who went waaaaaay overboard with the breast implants.

I don't get the whole mustache craze in fashion these days.  I've heard two different explanations for the fad, and I just don't get it.  Did it start as a PETA thing?  Is it the whole ironic hipster thing?  Regardless, I think it's silly.

Want to be known as the crazy cat lady?  Wear this vest and you will be.  Cats on one side, balls of yard on the other.  Yup - crazy cat lady.

This thing is convertible into a vest, a bolero, shrug or tunic.  Can it be converted into something cute??

Although it's still 100 degrees here, Fall is just around the corner, and who doesn't love a beautiful scarf?  This thing looks like dreads.  In fact, it's called gray dreadlocks.  $141 for some gray dreads around your neck, I think not.

Talk about some serious blisters!

Ok, don't laugh, but I actually like this t-shirt.  Those of you that know me personally, probably noticed that I watch just about anything on TV having to do with the bigfoot phenomena.  If I weren't such a gigantic chicken, I might even go on a bigfoot hunt, but uh, uh.  I'll leave that to those dumber, ehh braver than me.

As a child, I used to dream that bigfoot lived over the hill across from my house.  Of course, that was back in the day when the movie, The Legend of Boggy Creek, came out.  (This movie is based on accounts from Fouke, Arkansas, which is around the Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas borders - several hundred miles from my home.)  So, it's always fascinated me to some degree.

I think I may have missed my calling, I should have been a Cryptozoologist!  LOL!

Well, that's it for today.

Happy hump day, ya'll.