Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What the Heck Wednesday

Sorry, there's no WTHW post today.  A summer cold or sinus crud (whatever it is that has struck me)combined with projects, have taken their toll.  I'm so out of it.  In fact, I just discovered that what I grabbed out of the cabinet this morning thinking it was my blood pressure medicine, was not.  I'm not sure if I took my husband's BP meds or my son's ADD/ADHD meds.  The only thing certain is that it was not my BP meds, because that new bottle was just discovered still tucked safely away in my purse.  UGH!

On a brighter note, I finished the re-do on my no-sew kitchen window treatments last night.  I would have taken a picture of the finished product, but I just didn't have the energy to do the last of the dishes before I collapsed in a sniffling, coughing, snoring (that's yet to be proven) heap.  Don't judge me.  I know you're so excited, so here's a teaser....

BEFORE

Sad, I know... (Looks like I need to clean the water splashes off the window too.  Sigh.)  Remember, it was just the window treatments that I redid at this time.  We'll soon be replacing the butt-ugly lighting with pendant lighting (I hope).  More than likely the builder's grade oak cabinetry will get a make over as well.  Of course, painting the cabinetry is a major undertaking, and I've sworn that there will be no other major projects started until some of the others are finished.  Right now, the projects that are taking place are ones that I can do by myself or with very minimal involvement from others (read:  the significant other).  LOL!

We bought an older home (circa 1950s), and are upgrading and adding on as we can.  Unfortunately, much of what the previous owner(s) did do was not executed very well and was done with mid- to low-grade materials.  So, we have some challenges.

Stay tuned.  Pictures of the completed window treatment re-do will come soon.

So, for now.... Happy hump day, ya'll!