Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Empire of Dirt

Today as I was finalizing my Quick Takes post and linking back to the Quick Takes host, Conversion Diary, an old post of Jennifer's came to mind.  Why? I have no clue why, but I felt compelled to share it with you.  So, I contacted Jennifer, and she graciously agreed to allow me to share her post with you.

As I was driving home tonight, I drove by a billboard on the highway, and I think I found the reason....    This evening there was a Johnny Cash Music Festival at Arkansas State University (ASU) to preserve the memory of the late Johnny Cash and to help raise funds for the restoration of his boyhood home in the small town of Dyess, Arkansas.


I've passed this billboard before.  I drive home this way every day, yet for some reason, this billboard didn't register with me until today.  Now, I've been told that Saturday is not a big day for blog traffic, so I'm not sure how many of you will see this.  But, since I feel so compelled to share Jen's post, I believe there's a reason I'm supposed to post it.  I pray that whomever is meant to see it will.

Please click on the link below to see Jennifer's post on Johnny Cash's cover of the Nine Inch Nail's song, Hurt.  Johnny's performance is gut wrenching yet inspirational.  The video is included in her post.