Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Stuffed Breakfast Crescent Rolls

Several years ago, the fiance of a sweet co-worker brought breakfast to all of us in the office.  (Hi, Lisa and Sam!)  I remember it was fabulous fruit and the most amazing ham & cheese crescent rolls.  I totally made a pig of myself.  I think I was pregnant at the time, so I had an excuse. Eh hmmm... Anyway, I had to have the recipe, and he kindly shared.  Unfortunately, I didn't write it down and I also had what I call pregnancy stupidity so I was lucky to remember my own name at the time.  Sometime later, I attempted to make what I thought he said, and no one died.  In fact, they really liked them.  So, here's what I do:

1 can of crescent rolls (makes 8 rolls)
whipped cream cheese
swiss cheese - 2 slices
and deli ham (baked or smoked, your preference) 2 or 3 slices

Separate out your crescent triangles and lay them flat. 


Spread a thin layer of whipped cream cheese over the triangle.  Take a slice of swiss cheese and divide it into 4 pieces.  Take one piece of swiss cheese and place it on the triangle with cream cheese. 

Now, take a small piece of ham and place it on top of the cream cheese/swiss cheese.  Roll up your crescent and repeat until all 8 are done.

My boys also like to make these crescents using sausage and cheddar cheese.  For these I use the prepackaged frozen sausage patties (they're approximately 4" in diameter), and cut them into 4 equal pieces.  For 8 rolls, we would use 2 pieces of 4" sausage patties.  I always have some shredded cheddar cheese on hand, and we'll sprinkle that on instead of using the swiss cheese.  Again, continue the process until 8 are complete.  Roll them up and space them evenly on the baking sheet.  I usually end up making 8 ham & swiss cheese and 8 sausage & cheddar cheese.  If I'm lucky we'll have some left over for the next day, but that rarely happens.


These stuffed breakfast crescent rolls are so easy to make that my boys made these while I was slurping down coffee and trying to wake up.
By the way, in preparing this post, I checked with Sam, and he combines two crescents to make 1 roll, he also adds little mozzarella cheese and about 7 to 8 minutes in the baking process, he'll brush the crescents with some egg white. 

These are a favorite in our home, and I'm sure you'll love them too!  Enjoy!

Original recipe received from Sam Coulter and adapted.  Thanks Sam!  Muuuah!

I'm linking up
and



HouseofHepworths