Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What the Heck Wednesday

Sorry I've been a slacker blogger and didn't post a 7 Quick Takes Friday.  The time just got away from me.  I know... I know.  Sorry.

Were you part of the Black Friday madness?  I will never understand this.  At our local Wal*mart, the police were called because of a fight over sheets.  SHEETS!  I think some folks really need to get their priorities in line.  We wonder why kids have no respect anymore and behave so badly?  Take a close look at what's reproducing!  The way I look at it if I had to deal with those fools out there, my bail would cost more than any savings I might realize on something my boys don't really need anyway.  Sheets!  I still can't get over that.  Now if it was the last loaf of bread in the State of AR, I could understand it, but it was SHEETS PEOPLE!

With shopping in mind, let's take a look at some unusual gifts you might receive this year. 

 "The popular mobile game comes to life."  Really??  NEWS FLASH:  This game already exists, it's called SCRABBLE!!
A totally immersible keyboard..... Ok, I can see where this would come in handy, but really?  If you need a keyboard that's totally immersible, maybe you should start using a sippy cup.  Just sayin'.
Who are you, Paris Hilton?  I have to say that if you're old enough to own a slow cooker, you're probably too dang old for cartoon characters.  I know what my husband would say if he had to schlep this thing to his company pot luck, and I'm sure his statement would be peppered with a few expletives.  Girl, it's time to put on your grown-up girl panties. 
Now, if you must have a decorative slow cooker, this is more along the lines of what a grown woman should purchase.

I realize that fashion trends are cyclical, but is Puritan fashion coming back now?  Oh, Wait!  Hold on!  It's revenge for the reality show Breaking Amish.
Glowing hoodies - I can actually see where these would serve a purpose for someone running in the dark.  Otherwise, they're just annoying.
Guitar pick holders.  Hmmm..... what happened to storing the pick between the strings?  Oh, hey, what about putting the pick back in the guitar case?  Are you between sets?  No problem!  Put the pick in your pocket!  Do we really need a case specifically to hold the guitar pick?


Now, this little gadget would actually come in pretty handy.  You can make your own picks out of credit cards, etc.  A bonus?  Cut up those credit cards and improve your credit rating as well.  WIN/WIN!

These are called Panta Claus!  HA!  I actually think they're Christmas-themed golf pants.  Isn't that where men tend to wear all their ugly pants?
The dachshund menorah.  Most of you know that I have a dachshund, and I love my sweet Travis dearly.  HOWEVER, call me a prude if you wish, I tend to believe that something used in a holy temple, which has been considered a symbol of Judaism since ancient times should probably be kept in its traditional form, not stylized to suit your personal fancy.  In fact, if I'm not mistaken the Bible and the Torah both state that God revealed the design of the menorah to Moses and even go into the detail of its construction. 

"So we were worried-- real worried-- even when Benny brought out the secret weapon: shoes guaranteed to make a kid run faster and jump higher, P.F. Flyers."  Quick name that movie!

I'm not sure I could use a tissue I pulled out of another nostril.
Shower squid - I'm actually a little creeped out by these things.

That was fun!  I hope you got a chuckle or two as well.  Did you get any gift ideas?  I did see another gadget that I would actually like to receive, but I couldn't find a decent picture.  It's a cassette to iPod /iPhone converter.  It looks similar to an old Walkman, but the iPod/iPhone clips in the front, the cassette goes in the back.  GENIUS!  For those of us that have a whole box full of cassettes, this would be a great gift. 

If you see any other unusual/weird gifts that you would like me to feature, email me.  You'll find my email under About Me - click to see my full profile, and you'll see it.

In the meantime.... Happy Hump Day, ya'll!!