Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday



--- 1 ---
Gabe's basketball team plays each Saturday.  This past Saturday was another painful game to watch.  It was a very low-scoring game: 10-9.  We won, so Yay!  Only Gabe and one other boy scored. 

I've mentioned before that Gabe is struggling with his shots because he's trying to get used to the goal now being set at 10-feet.  The Director of the Program, who also coaches a team, sat with me at practice the other night.  He's told me before that he wanted Gabe on his team, but someone else picked him first.  Anyway, he assured me that most of the 4th graders struggle for the first few games, but they soon figure it out.  He said that when Gabe figures it out, he's going to be tough to stop.  I hope you're right, Tommy.
--- 2 ---
Folks keep requesting my chocolate cookies.  I really don't mind, in fact, I consider that a compliment, but it seems like I've been making cookie dough all week.  Thankfully my sons like to help me, and I think that's Garrett's belly you can see in the picture. Heehee!  By the way, stay tuned because I just might share that cookie recipe with you all soon. 

Ben and a few others have also requested homemade cinnamon rolls.  I'm not quite sure when I'll be able to get to those, but I hope I can.
--- 3 ---

I know I've mentioned that I'm not very crafty, but I keep trying. For those of you in the South, that first sentence should be followed by the phrase, "Bless her heart," and you all know what that means. PIT.I.FUL!  Earlier this the week I made glass Christmas trees using the flat marbles or floral beads. If you missed that little adventure, you can read about it here.

I already have my next crafting adventure picked out. Yes, it does require a glue gun. Please pray for me.
--- 4 ---

My oldest son had his first band concert of this school year on Tuesday night.  Remember me saying that he likes to duck behind something when he sees the camera?  Yeah, well this is only picture we could get, and Gabe took this.  Garrett is the blond boy just to the right of the director's music stand.  THE.BAND.WAS.AWESOME!  I'm so proud of them.  You can really tell the difference between the beginning band and intermediate band, which is Garrett's band.  It's amazing what a difference a year makes. 

For those of you who have kids who just started band or will be starting soon, let me recommend a program called Smart Music.  It's wonderful!  You'll notice an improvement in your child's performance very quickly, and they'll gain confidence with this program.
--- 5 ---

Another thing we've been doing this week is working on a Santa costume for Gabe.  We still have work to do, but it looks pretty good so far.  I gathered together the wardrobe pieces, all of which we already had on hand, and Ben has been adding batting to turn it into a Santa costume.  He's done a great job, don't you think?
--- 6 ---
Dwija, shared this video over at her blog, House Unseen.  This is one of my most favorite Christmas songs, but I this cracked me up...   

--- 7 ---
We are now only 11 days away from Christmas!  Aaaah!  Is anyone else on the verge of panic??  This weekend will be a whirlwind of activity for us me.  I hope you all have a wonderful, and blessed weekend.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.