Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Biggest Loser - Week 1



Okay, folks - I'll be linking up with Becky at The Java Mama each Monday until March as a participant in the Biggest Loser.  In typical procrastinator fashion, I'm already under the gun on this.  One participant has already lost more than 8 lbs this 1st week.  Me, well, I haven't even gotten on the scale, but I have a very good idea what the scale will show.  I know it's a HUGE number that I just don't want to see right now.

I'm almost 47 years old, approximately 5'3", and have a large frame (according to my childhood doctor).  The older I get, the more difficult it is for me to lose weight.  I realize that I'll probably never weigh 100 pounds again, and that's not my goal.  More than anything, I want to be healthy and I want to set a good example for my sons.  So, I'll set realistic/achievable goals.
 
Although I have significantly more to lose, my initial goal is to lose 20 lbs.  Baby steps, right?  I have made some progress.  Over the weekend, I threw out the remaining sweets, I pulled out my boot camp binder and dusted it off, and I stocked up today on Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine frozen meals to take to work.  Today, I started logging everything I've eaten so far, using a handy-dandy iPhone app.  You know dieting would sure be easier if I liked veggies.  But, BLECH!

Well, I know that's not much info, but I swear I'll get on the scale some time this week.  For now, I'm trying to be more conscious of what's going in my mouth by logging everything I eat and drink and to MOVE MY BODY.  I have to exercise.  There's no question about this.  Gone are the days I remember so fondly when I could just cut back for a day or two and lose 10 pounds.  Ahh..... those were the days.  Can someone help me dig through my husband's home improvement project staging area to get to my treadmill?? 

I hope you'll cheer me on, and go visit Becky and the other ladies linking up at The Java Mama and offer them your encouragement as well.

Again, I'm linking up at The Java Mama.