Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What the Heck Wednesday

My goodness what a week so far, and it's only Wednesday!   As many of you know, I'm participating in a Blogger Biggest Loser challenge, and now some of my pants are starting to get a little loose.  So, I was checking into altering my pants, and look at what I stumbled across.....


As if high-waisted pants with pleats aren't bad enough, let's put pom-pom-fringe around the top so everyone can see my pants are hiked up to my arm pits.
I never will understand this drop crotch stuff.  It's not attractive.  You just looked like you have a load in your diaper.  Besides, doesn't having the crotch rubbing around mid-thigh cause chafing?
Okay, this is way too much plaid.  It looks like she took a page out of the Scarlett O'Hara fashion book, and made a suit out of a table cloth.
These shoes have no top, just a strap that holds the shoe on your foot.  Hmmm...  Why?
Gray and black convertible winter jacket.  Now, this isn't too bad, except it makes her look like a cast member of Mulan.
This is just messed up.  The heel is supposed to be... well, on the heel.  Looks like some drunk factory worker really screwed up.
I really have no idea what to say about this.....  Except the model looks like an old classmate.  I wonder what he's up to now?


Pony shoes.  I despise them.  These sandals actually wouldn't be too bad if they were a full on wedge.  The pony shoe design is just ridiculous.  Young girls need to learn that with all of the crazy heels they wear, they will eventually cause serious damage to their feet.
These pony shoes take it to a whole other level by adding pony shoes to the pony shoes.  Well, more specifically, horse shoes have been added to the bottom of these pony shoes.  I just envisioned some tracker out in the dessert tracking a strange two-legged horse.  Crazy, I know.  I blame it on lack of sleep.
Who would wear this?  Do people still wear hats?  Really?  This almost happened to me once, there was a mean momma mocking bird that had built her nest in a tree at the entrance to the building where I worked.  Each day she'd swooped down to try and keep the people away from her nest.  This was back in the day when I used LOTS of hairspray, and I just knew that bird would get stuck in my hair.

Curly knit hat - having a bad hair day?  No big deal!  This handy dandy hat has baby dreads already built right in, just pop this thing on, and you're good to go!

For those who still think it's okay to wear socks with sandals.  Now it's even easier to look like a dufus.  And look!  No more sock bunched up between your toes.  Also available in many fashion colors.

Felted wool jacket - ummm..... This thing reminds me of something.  I won't elaborate, I'll just leave it to your imagination.  But, has anyone seen this episode of Everybody Loves Raymond in which Marie makes a sculpture and gives it to Debra and Ray?  Yeah......
Awww... look at the sweet flower on the heel.  Blech!!  I actually know some people that would probably love these shoes, but they are way too girly girly for me.

The sequined tank dress.  I've worn something similar to this before paired with a black jacket or was it a cardi?  Heck I don't remember.  Of course, that was back in the day when I had the body to rock this dress. What strikes me as odd about this is that whomever is selling this decided to pair it with a cotton turtle neck.  Nothing says sexy like a turtle neck.
It's Amish couture!  I actually had a pair of those boots once upon a time back when stirrup pants were the thing - let's see was that early 90s? So, the boots I can deal with, but the only thing missing from this outfit is the little white head covering.  Honey, can I get you a sandwich??  You're absolutely swimming in those clothes.


The upcycled denim jacket.  Remember what I said about "upcycled?"  Just say NO!  Here, they have simply taken a pair of pin-stripe jeans and re-worked them.  Sorry, they're still bad, in my opinion.
Oh my gosh!  I'm having 80s flashbacks - it's all flashing before my eyes:  prom, madrigals and weddings.  I wore a version of this dress a million times in the 80s.  Let me just say this..... this dress was hot as Hell and definitely NOT sweat friendly.  Nuff said.

Thankfully in none of the weddings I've attended was the bride wearing something like this.  Granted, it's unique.  I suppose I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to weddings.  Did her bridesmaids wear white?

Yes, the dress is awful, but does this remind anyone else of Silence of the Lambs?  What's with the wings on the hips and shoulders?  She looks like a squid.

Well, I suppose that's it for today.  As always, if you see anything out there that you think should be featured on WTHW, send me the link or a picture via e-mail.

Happy hump day, ya'll!