Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Biggest Loser - Week 8


I don't like weighing on Mondays.  This week's loss is small, but I know exactly why:  it's baseball season, and I have zero will power.  For those that don't know, my youngest is on a travelling baseball team.  This team is a hand-picked team of very talented 9 year olds.  In fact, they are the 2012 8AAA USSSA Undefeated World Champions.  Proud momma here, can you tell?  Anyway, they played ball this weekend, and we ate late following our last game each night.  We were all frozen and hungry, so what did I gravitate toward?  Yup - comfort food.  Saturday night was a Philly Cheesesteak at 11p.m.  Last night was oatmeal at 10p.m.  So, here's the result:

Previous week:  -8.2

Week 7:            -.20

TOTAL LOSS:  -8.4.
It was a loss, but still....  It's frustrating.  I wish I had some will power. 

This weekend we played close to home, so there was no hotel stay involved.  This coming weekend we're on the road, so I'll definitely need to be much more conscious of what I'm eating.  Eating out every meal is certainly not good when you're trying to diet.  I'll need to make smarter food choices.  I know I will have some help available, I just have to ask.

One of our coaches wives, is a fitness instructor.  In fact, she's the facility coordinator at our local D1.  A few years ago some of us team moms participated in three 6-week private bootcamp sessions with her, and let me tell you.....   WOW!  I lost 12 inches in the first session.  We worked our butts off, literally.  But it was AWESOME!!  We worked out 6 days a week - a couple of days with her, and she gave us homework to do on the nights we weren't with her.  I still have those homework assignments she gave us, and I do them on occasion.  Unfortunately, "on occasion" doesn't get it.  If you're trying to get back in shape and have a D1 facility near you, do it!!  I can't recommend it highly enough.  I loved it, and wish I could do it again.  (Although I have to admit, I hate burpees.  If you don't know what that is, google it.)  Check this out......
By the way, this is what my son's baseball team does in the off-season to help stay in shape and improve their strength and agility. 
Oh, yeah.... they played baseball this weekend.
My baby boy is kneeling on the far right.  These amazing boys are an inspiration to me, you know why?  They don't give up!  It's tough to beat a team who refuses to give up.  They get discouraged, sure, but they fight back and keep fighting.  That's how I've got to be on this weight loss journey.  I can't give up, I have to keep fighting, and eventually I will overcome!

I'm linking up at The Java Mama.  I just realized that I've failed to add the link on my previous updates.  My apologies to our lovely hostess, and I will remedy this pronto!