Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Biggest Loser - Week 7



I'm actually a little surprised at the results when I stepped on the scale this morning.  Especially considering we met some friends for Mexican food last night.  It's difficult to turn down Mexican food or the margaritas for that matter.  So, I figured the sheer salt content from last night's meal alone would totally mess with my weigh in.  But.....
 Previous week:  -4.8

Week 7:            -3.4

TOTAL LOSS:  -8.2.
I could say I ramped up the work outs, but I'd be lying.  I was more conscious about what I was eating over the weekend, but that was about it.  I know I tried to stay busy Saturday so I wouldn't snack.  I think I ended up eating breakfast Saturday, but it was a fairly large breakfast.  Lunch was only a couple of cookies my son & hubby made.  Dinner was only a couple of bites of mashed potatoes and meatloaf for dinner.  So, I ate total crap Saturday and Sunday, well.... Sunday I had breakfast, no lunch and then dinner was Mexican.  So, yeah crap again Sunday.  I think I've been fighting the same two pounds for a few weeks because of the whole hormonal thing.  I'm not sure why I finally made it past those pesky 2 pounds, but I'm glad it happened.

I took my baby boy to AR Children's Hospital this morning to participate in a brain function study.  It's a study for children around his age that are in the 95th percentile or higher when compared to their peers.  Today was the initial visit: weigh in, measuring, basic questions, etc.  Next we'll go back for an MRI.  I think one of things they're looking for is to see how his brain responds to foods.

He didn't want me to take his picture in the hospital gown and jammie pants so he covered his face.  But he was just so stinking cute.... how could I resist?

Another neat thing from this morning, see the pictures taped to the cabinet on the wall behind Gabe?  Those are photo Christmas cards from patients.  This was one of those cards:


Tibbett is my maiden name.  My paternal grandfather was raised by foster parents.  He knew his birth parents' names and that he had 3 brothers and possibly a sister.  But he never knew anything more about them.  I wonder if this family may be relatives?  Since, this was posted at the hospital, it's doubtful we'll be able to get any information on this family with HIPAA and all, but it's worth a shot.
Well, that's it for today.  I hope you have all done well and been able to meet your goals better than I have.  My goal for this week yet again is to get more exercise.  One week I will be able to say I met that goal.  I WILL!

I'm linking up at The Java Mama.