Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

What the Heck Wednesday.... on Thursday

Sorry, I'm late getting this posted. It's been really chaotic this week, and I haven't had much free time. As I mentioned Monday in my Biggest Loser link up, the Elite played baseball all weekend. That means I have a ton of laundry, housework, etc., that I'm trying to finish. Gabe has a Science Fair project due Monday, and master procrastinators that we are, we have now entered panic mode trying to get it completed before we leave town Friday. PLUS, we're trying to make sure we're all prepared to play baseball in arctic temps this coming weekend. Busy, I tell you!

The kids at Gabe's school are doing fun things all week: Monday was bring your favorite stuffed animal, Tuesday was crazy sock day, Wednesday was dress as your favorite book character, etc. Because Gabe has obviously learned a little too well, and can now be considered an apprentice procrastinator, he dressed as Harry Potter Wednesday morning. When he was little, he dressed in the entire Harry Potter get up for Halloween, and he was cute as can be. What do you think?
This picture was taken in 2007 at my grandmother's house on Halloween. He was 4. He has a cowlick in the perfect place for the scar, unfortunately, you can't see it in this picture. However, now that he's older, no robe, no tie.... just jeans, a tee and a scar drawn on his forehead. I suppose even Harry Potter grew up, huh?

Well, let's get the show on the road.

Pssst.... Honey, your sweater is coming unraveled!


This is called the Vacation Time Dress. Is it really necessary to wear a tent when you're on vacation? Or maybe you need the tent dress after scarfing down so much food while on vacation? Wait! Maybe the tent IS the vacation! I think a couple of people can actually fit in there.


This is really confusing. There is just so much wrong with this, my head is spinning.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I actually owned and wore something similar to this back in the 80s. Today you can see something much like this worn on those Amish reality shows.

Rapunzel, you MUST remember to move your braids out of the way when you knit!


Okay, folks - we've talked about themed clothing before. Just don't! Golf tee buttons too? UGH! There's no helping some people. Sadly, I just had a vision (nightmare) of someone wearing this sweater with plaid pants in the same colors. Aaaaah! To me, golf is becoming synonymous with bad clothing.

Why do people insist on adding fringe and appliques to a perfectly normal garment then try to sell it for an insane price, calling it upcycled?? This cardigan, other than being a blah color, was just fine before they touched it, now.....
Okay, these boots scare me! They look like they were made for an alien. Can you put your foot in either way? Why would you do that? Yikes!! Let's move on....
I must be feeling fat today, because I keep pulling up these shapeless dresses for some reason. Oh, and this little lovely is wool! Shapeless and itchy! Yay! You might as well be wearing a burlap sack. I think vertical stripes have the slimming effect if the item has some shape to begin with. Just sayin'.
This is touted as a one-of-a-kind dress - thank goodness.
This is a Liz Claiborne jumpsuit. Why a grown woman would want to wear a jumpsuit, I'll never know. Maybe they feel the need to practice their skills as a contortionist? I'm sorry, but I think once you're out of diapers and training pants, jumpsuits should no longer be a part of your wardrobe. This particular jumpsuit actually looks like pajamas because of the ugly fabric.

Could these shorts be any uglier? I suppose if you added some fringe....

A Steve Austin tube top - a must have for the redneck fashionista. Why? 'Cause Stone Cold said so!! Come on - ya'll didn't see that coming??

Obviously, their idea of spoiled and mine are two totally different things. This poor girl apparently said, "No honey I'm fine, just get me a t-shirt." HA!

Well, I'm going to stop here today. I have so much to do before this weekend, it's not funny. Remember, if you see anything out there that you think should be included in a WTHW post, please send it in.