Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday


--- 1 ---
Gabe has a Science Fair Project for Alpha due Monday which he has not yet finished.  We're leaving town today for a baseball tournament.  On a scale of 1-10 rate my stress level.


--- 2 ---
Speaking of his Science Fair Project, do you know how hard it is to find a 30oz. aluminum bat?  I would have found one sooner, but...  Finally it dawned on me, and we pulled out mine and Ben's old bats.  That's right, neither of us has played softball in almost 12 years, but we both still have our bat bags.  Luckily, Ben had an aluminum bat that was exactly 30oz.  So.... SCORE! 

--- 3 ---
I know I've said this before, but for anyone new that might be considering checking out our house while we're gone..... don't bother.  The alarm is set and our home is being watched not only by our neighbors, one of whom happens to be a local police officer, but by several gun-toting brothers in law as well.  You've been warned.
This is not one of my brothers in law, but you get the idea.
--- 4 ---
My youngest son think it's "awesome" that it might snow while they're playing baseball.  Awesome??  Really??  I'm glad he's excited.  I'm personally taking virtually every piece of winter clothing I own in the hopes that I won't freeze, and I just realized one glaring error:  I don't own one single piece of cold gear or long johns.  Uh oh.... 
--- 5 ---
This week marked the end of Pope Benedict XVI's papacy.  He's the first pope to step down in 600 years.  Some think he should not have resigned.  However, I believe he did what he thought was best for the church, and I respect that.  What are you thoughts on this?  Although I don't know much about any of the cardinals, it will be interesting to watch the process and see who the conclave will elect as the successor. 
--- 6 ---
That's all I have for today, folks!  May you all have a safe and blessed weekend.

Go Elite!!  Go 77!  Sorry, I had to get that in there.  LOL!

--- 7 ---
TGIF!!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!