Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday


--- 1 ---
Good grief!  I didn't think I would ever get blogger working correctly.  Apparently, I'm not the only one that doesn't want to work today.
--- 2 ---
Rain rain go away....  Francie wants a nice Spring day!  I hate this cold, rainy weather.  It's the perfect weather for staying in your jammies which, of course, is not possible.  I owe, I owe so off to work I go.  Speaking of owing......

--- 3 ---
I know of several bloggers who are using Dave Ramsey's financial planning classes and/or books to get out of debt, build savings, etc.  I've read the reviews of his books, and it seems that most people really sing the praises of his programs.  However, I was wondering if any of you have first-hand experience with any of the Dave Ramsey programs.  If so, would you recommend it, and why?

Like many folks, we haven't always done the best job budgeting/managing our money.  I think implementing a program similar to Dave Ramsey and getting the whole family involved would not only be beneficial for us in the short term, but would also provide our boys with some solid money management skills for their future.
--- 4 ---
One of the MAJOR expenses in our home is food.  I know if I plan a weekly/monthly menu, stick with it and shop accordingly, my overall grocery bill will be reduced.  Makes sense, right?  I've attempted to plan menus in the past, but have never really been successful with it.  Let's be honest, when you're rushing in from work and heading right back out the door to a practice or a game, it's much easier to just swing through and pick up fast food somewhere.  A better meal planner would have these practices and games in their plan and have quick grab and go meals prepared.  Are there certain meal planning programs/routines any of you use and would recommend?  I know I'll get some push back from the kiddos, but they'll eventually come around.  Besides, Garrett is truly becoming a teen - he's gone from the picky eater, to a boy who will eat just about anything (have I mentioned the chocolate scrambled eggs?)  If Ben and I stick to our guns, they'll soon realize we mean business.
--- 5 ---
I am a procrastinators extraordinaire - can you believe I still have not done our 2012 taxes?  I know, I know....  I just dread it.  Now that I no longer have my Mary Kay business, I don't feel I need a professional to prepare our taxes, but I just haven't forced myself to sit down and do it.  So, now it's crunch time.  I decided to just go ahead and have our regular tax person do our taxes against this year.  I'm excited.... can you tell?  Next year, we will be better prepared and will do our taxes ourselves.  (Hopefully.....)
--- 6 ---
This Sunday is Palm Sunday and Holy Week is next week.  Lent is coming to an end, and I need to evaluate where I stand on my 40 bags in 40 days.  Regardless of whether I filled and physically disposed of 40 bags of stuff, have I accomplished what I had hoped to accomplish?  Have you accomplished what you hoped or intended during this Lenten period? 
--- 7 ---


The Stations of the Cross will be performed tonight at our church by the Youth Group.  If you've never attended a Stations of the Cross, I highly recommend it.  To paraphrase another site where the experience was described so eloquently, the Stations of the Cross is a powerful and imaginative way to reflect on the sacrifice that Jesus made and the gift He gave.  I become involved with my senses, my experiences and my emotions, and I can truly feel the love Jesus has for me.  A sense of deep gratitude washes over me, which, in turn, leads me back to a desire to love as deeply as I have been loved by my Heavenly Father.  It's a truly moving service, and I don't think I've ever left a Stations of the Cross with dry eyes.

TGIF!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!