Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday



---1---
I'm sorry I didn't get the WTHW post up this week, it's been a really crazy week.  I hate saying that because I know we're all busy, but it is what it is....
---2---
My Dansko clogs came in last Friday.  I wore them around the house Friday evening, and I have worn them almost exclusively since they arrived.  I have to say, they are really comfortable.  Prior to receiving them, I could barely walk without shoes on due to the pain in my left foot.  Now, I'm good.  These shoes have amazing arch support which is wonderful for my high arches.  They're also extremely durable.  In fact, I was wearing them Saturday when we were caught in a rain storm.  You can't even tell these shoes were sloshing through the rain.  This is not a paid endorsement, strictly my opinion.  However, if Dansko would like to furnish another pair for me to review, I'd certainly be honored and appreciative.   This pair would do nicely or maybe this pair - size 39.  Eh hmmm......
---3---
Our Easton Elite 9 Major team faced yet another challenge this past weekend.  There are only four 9 Major teams in the State of AR, so unless we find a 9 open tournament or we want to travel every weekend, we have to play the 10 year old teams.  I think I've mentioned that the 10 year olds teams here locally don't want to play us.  So, the question for this past weekend was whether we would travel and enter a tournament where we could play 10 year old teams or do we stay here and play 11 year old teams.  It was decided that we would stay home and play the 11 year olds.  I, for one, was a little concerned about this.  There's a big difference between a 9 year old and an 11 year old, especially since a couple of our boys JUST turned 9 two weeks ago.  Not only was there an age and size difference, the base paths and pitching distances were different.  Our first game was 5:30 Saturday night.  We were visitors, and we didn't score anything our first at bat.  In the bottom of the 1st inning, the 11 year olds, quickly put up 3 runs.  I thought  to myself that this could be ugly.  But, you know what?  It only took our boys 1 inning to make the adjustments.  The 11 year olds only scored 1 more run.  Final score 10-4, Elite 9 Major!  We were supposed to play again immediately following that game; however, it began to storm, and the tournament was cancelled.  I'm so proud of these boys!  They don't whine and cry when they're handed a raw deal, which unfortunately seems to be the norm now - they just grab their hats and gloves and go to work.  When the game was over, I don't recall any crazy celebrating, they shook hands and walked back to the dugout to pack up their bags like it was business as usual.
---3---
40 bags in 40 days - did I accomplish 40 bags in 40 days?  Yes and no, I didn't count the bags or rather I quit counting around 20 bags or so.  So, did I actually dispose of 40 bags?  Who knows - probably.  However, I think I did accomplish my goal to some degree.  I did a major purge from my closet and Gabe's room, and I was ruthless in cleaning out my closet.  I actually got rid of some things I've held onto for years - you know, the jeans I wore when I was thin.  Yeah - chances are I'll never get back into those.  It's time to let them go.  I donated to various charities, gave away several things and even sold some items.  I can still feel my stress level rise when I go home, but I'm working on it, and I do feel some progress has been made. 

In addition to disposing of the physical bags, I went to confession which also helps lighten ones burden.  I have to learn to stop letting things stress me so much, and just turn it over to God.  As a reminder, I have been seeing tons of pennies lately.  Lucky for me God is patient and pennies are plentiful. 
---4---
Good thing I don't live in Bloomberg's neck of the woods. 
Can you read the side?  Yep, 60 ounces!  I put it next to a 12 ounce soft drink for reference.  We stopped at a local convenience store before baseball practice Wednesday, and I spotted this bad boy.  Usually a certain little 9 year old will finish his drink and then come finish mine.  So, 60 ounces for $1.50?  Yes please!  Initially it was filled with a diet soft drink, now I'm refilling it with water.  Surprisingly it does fit in the cup holders in my car.  So, YAY!
---5---
Is everyone ready for Easter?  During the recent purge, I discovered that my boys outgrown all of their clothes except for school uniforms and Easton Elite gear.  I think both of them also have a couple of pair of jeans that fit.  So, I had to go get them so clothes.   Unfortunately, my boys are picky yet they hate to shop.  I don't like to shop either, so it's torture for me - unless I purchase athletic gear of some sort, rarely do I get something right the first time.  Usually, they either don't like it, or I get the wrong size.  So, now 2 days before Easter, I have to go back to the store.  Thank goodness one store opens at 8a.m., so I was able to exchange a pair of Sperry's on my way to work this morning.  Oh, the joys of motherhood.  I really think this is one of the many ways God is trying to teach me patience.
---6---
Easter Sunday is also my wonderful hubby's birthday.  Happy birthday, Ben.  We love you!
---7---

May you all have a blessed Easter.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!