Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Biggest Loser - Week 9


I didn't weigh on Monday this week.  I dreaded getting on the scale.  If you're a regular reader, you know that my son's baseball team was travelling this weekend.   That means we ate out all weekend and didn't really eat regularly.  Plus, we were playing in NW Arkansas, and it was really cold.  Saturday, the high temperature for the day was 37, and there were snow flurries.  We actually awoke Saturday morning to a light dusting of snow on the ground.  It was cold, I tell you!! 

Photo courtesy of B. Rush
Several of the boys have played in this same tournament before, and it was really cold then too.  It was miserable.  This year we were better prepared.  This is how we dressed.  We were all wearing 3 and 4 layers of clothes, including the boys.  Notice the 3 patio heaters?  Yes we bought those and hauled them up there with us.  We also had little portable heaters at our feet and hand warmers in our pockets.  We also tarped two sides of the dugout, and we placed heaters in there for the boys.  Later in the evening as we were all sitting around visiting, we joked around with the coaches asking that next time we play the 1st weekend in March, let's head South!!  South Texas or Florida seemed to be the consensus!

Since, it was so cold, we made sure that we got a hearty breakfast before heading to the field.  For me that meant scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy and bacon.  TWO.DAYS.IN.A.ROW!!  We all ate a late lunch Saturday, and I had a cheeseburger and fries.  Then Saturday night we all decided to stay at the hotel and order in pizza.  I went to the hotel grill and ordered a salad and ate one piece of pizza.  Sunday, I had the big breakfast again, but I didn't eat again that day.  Sunday was so crazy.  The fields started to thaw and had turned into mud pits.  This results in the closing of several fields, which totally screwed up the brackets and caused changes to game times.

Well, I've delayed long enough.  Here are my results:

Previous week:   -8.40

Week 7:              -1.60

TOTAL LOSS:   -10.0.

I fully expect my food choices to catch up with me sometime this week.  Until then, I'm celebrating my loss!!  I fully intend to keep going because goodness knows I need to lose much more than 10 pounds, but it's a start.  I realize 10 pounds is not much over an 9 week period, but I think slow and steady will eventually win the race.  I hope you don't mind if I continue to post updates.  Putting this out there helps keep me accountable, at least a little anyway.

Oh, and the boys?


Photo Courtesy of J. Kelly
These boys fought freezing temperatures and illness to become the 2013 Road to the Show 9U Champions.  They truly have the hearts of champions, and we're extremely proud of each and every one of them!  (My baby boy is kneeling on the front row, third from the left, next to the trophy.)
I'm linking up at The Java Mama