Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What the Heck Wednesday

It's been another busy week so far.  It's Spring Break for my kids.  Do you all do anything special with your kids for Spring Break?  A few years ago BTB (before travel baseball), we took a family vacation during Spring Break.  We didn't go anywhere extravagant, we just explored some things around Arkansas that our boys had never seen.  I mentioned The Great Passion Play in Eureka Springs yesterday.  It's one of the things my boys loved.   

Now, we save vacation for baseball tournaments, World Series play, etc., then tend to use up any surplus time before year end.  Unfortunately, my company has a use-or-lose-it policy.  The boys spend their week at camp going on various field trips or maybe a day or two fishing with Granddad.  At least they get to do some fun things while Ben and I are stuck at work.

Today is the first day of Spring, despite what the temps may be.  Late last week we had temps in the mid 80s, yet late this week, we're expecting highs in the 40s.  UGH!  Punxsutawney Phil needs to be put out to pasture.  His prognostications are pure poppycock!!  (HA!  See what I did there?)

Anyway.....  The colder temps have me bummed a little because I'm sooooo ready for summer.  As they say, laughter is the best medicine, so let's see if we can find something to make us laugh a little. 
Here we go:
This is called a bud fashion dress.  Actually it looks a Red Anjou pear. 

I guess looking like fruit can be Springy??

This Dior-style hat is made of real leopard fur and cost $2,000.  Sure, I'd love to pay way too much money  to look like a mushroom with a cat asleep on my head.


Is it just me or do these look like they were covered with masking tape.  I've heard of duct taping shoes, but masking tape?
This is a corseted jacket with a news print fabric.  This looks like something Bjork would wear or even Helena Bonham Carter.
It's a shame too. She's such a beautiful woman, yet she wears some of the most hideous outfits.  This particular outfit is relatively tame.  It's like she and Tim Burton just try to "out weird" each other.

Speaking of Bjork, case in point.  She looks like a prom decoration.

These shoes remind me of a shark for some odd reason.  Oooh!  Maybe these are winter weather heels.  For the Miss Priss who refuses to give up her heels no matter what the weather might dictate...... Now, heels with a lug sole for traction on the snow and ice. 
Awwww... now I miss my Holly Hobby doll!!  I wonder whatever happened to her.
Not my style, but not too hideous, right?

BAM!  Why?  Now she just looks like a drunk bag lady who missed a few buttons.  Sorry, that wasn't very PC, I suppose.  Speaking of bag ladies, did you know there is some sort of fashion trend or wannabe trend called bag lady chic or hobotastic? 

I can think of several celebrities who have dressed like that for years, I just never knew it had an official name.  For example:
Photos Courtesy of Popsugar & People.com
 
To go with our bag lady chic items, how about some peep toe knee high boots.  These used to be regular boots until the rats in the subway tunnels chewed the toes off.  (Hmmm... not PC again, sorry.)

Peugeot pants - just what I want!  I often feel as big as a car, so let's just go ahead and dress that way, why don't we?  Tail lights and all. 


Okay for my geeky friends, the laptop privacy sweater.  No longer do you need to worry about people invading your privacy, stealing trade secrets, etc.  How many of you want to bet that he's not looking at work documents under that thing.  Ewwwwwww......  This little item rates an impressive 85 on the Creepfactor scale of 1 to 10. 

Barefoot crochet sandals.  Huh?  Honey, take it from someone with foot problems, and I mean this in the nicest possible way..... if you'd wear shoes, you might not have those hammer toes.  Just sayin'.
Okay, remember those awful runway fashions that I pray no one ever purchases??  I don't even know what this poor guy is supposed to be modeling - the undies maybe?  He looks like the beheaded R2D2 and made a helmet from him, glued shoe brushes to a pair of shin guards, then borrowed a vest out of Michael Jackson's closet and a pair of panties from his girlfriend.  And check out the guy behind him on his way back up the runway.  I can't even imagine....
Whatever your political leanings, you have to admit that Michelle Obama has great style or a great stylist, whatever.  She's usually impeccably dressed in styles that tend to be universally flattering and are easily replicated.  However, I think this outfit is a fashion fail for her.  Ms. Obama is bottom heavy and adding the ruffles across her mid section and derriere just emphasis this in my opinion.  (Pfffft!  See, I can be tactful.)

Well, that's it for today folks.  Remember, if you have any lululemon yoga pants, take those bad boys back!!  We can all see your hiney....  

Happy Hump Day, ya'll!!