Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What the Heck Wednesday - Happy Anniversary!


What the heck......  Can you believe today is the one year anniversary of this blog?  No?  Me neither!  It has grown by leaps and bounds, and I now have a multitude of readers.  By multitude, I mean more than three - Woo hoo!  I'm a regular celebrity.  Not really, but I can dream, can't I?

In honor of the anniversary, I thought I'd take a look back over the past year and revisit five or six of the most popular posts.


To start things off: 

  1. The most popular post of the past year is my post about making homemade laundry detergent.  In this day and age many families are trying to do whatever they can to reduce costs and use safer/healthier products.  This post can certainly help.
  2. In the number two slot is the post on my new kitchen window treatments.  I can't sew a straight line, so these window treatments were made using iron-on products.  It's been almost 8 months since I made these curtains, and they haven't fallen apart yet.  So.... Yay!!  Soon, I'm going to try and DIY some drapes for the living room.  So you'll have to keep an eye out for that post.
  3. Next up is my very first WTHW post on July 11th, 2012.  That particular post was about one of my favorite fashion items, shoes.  
  4. Next is my August 22nd, WTHW post.  This post revisited one of my favorite time periods - the 80s!  I loved the 80s.  I have so many good memories from that time period.
  5. The November 28th WTHW post was next.  This post featured unusual gift items.  Apparently, my WTHW posts are fairly popular.  That's good to know.
  6. Finally, my post about crafting glass Christmas Trees was popular as well.  Thank goodness for those sites that search blogs for content (see I'm still so green I don't even know what those are called.)  Anyway, thanks to them, I get lots of spam comments from folks whose first language is obviously not English, but I think they drive up my page views as well.  So, it's all good.
I've made a few new friends through blogging, and I'd like to thank you all for staying with me thus far.  I hope that I've been able to touch either your heart or your funny bone at one time or another over the past year.  I also hope that you'll stick around and maybe tell a friend or two when I post something you feel worthy of sharing.

In the meantime..... Happy Hump Day, ya'll!