Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What the Heck Wednesday

It seems like I'm always apologizing for missing posts.  Yet, again.... I'm sorry for not posting my Quick Takes on Friday.  I was struck down by the plague, and I felt like I was possibly teetering on the brink of death.  Thursday I woke up with a very sore throat, and things deteriorated rapidly as the day progressed.  By 2p.m., I was alternating between shivering and sweating profusely, and my body hurt so badly I could barely walk.  I managed to make it home from work only to collapse on the couch where I remained until hubby got home with the boys.  I then stumbled to my bed and remained there until 6a.m. Friday when my alarm sounded.  I'm the family alarm clock (drill sergeant and chauffeur too), so I had to wake everyone up,  make sure they were fed and dressed for school, then I had to take them to school.  You know, the usual Mom stuff.

Luckily my doctor's office had a cancellation and I was able to get an appointment that morning.  After nearly tossing my cookies on the poor nurse who drew the short straw and had to swab by throat, I was quickly diagnosed with the worst case of strep I can ever recall.  I requested antibiotics in shot form and was soon on my way.  (By the way, both of my boys also came down with strep on Saturday evening.  So, see?  Plague....)

My mother and grandmother have been on a tour to New York City, and my grandmother told my step-dad she couldn't remember what her thermostat was set on at home.  Since the doctor's office is very near my grandmother's home, I stopped by to check the thermostat setting for her.  Now, I knew that her thermostat was in the hallway that led to the bedrooms, but I couldn't find that thing to save my life.  Finally, I have no idea why, I looked up..... 
There it was, approximately 6-1/2 feet up on the wall.....  What the heck???  Granted, I'm short - 5'2" (5'3" on a good day), but who the heck puts a thermostat up that high??  Obviously, I couldn't even read dial!  My grandmother is taller than me, but I still have no idea how she sees it.

This made me wonder what other kind of asinine things were out there. You cannot imagine how much craziness I found out there, so let's get started.
source

I don't even know what to say about this.  I'm just baffled.

Okay, I have to admit there have been a million times when I have wished for a fan in the bathroom, but.... come on!  Seriously?


This is exactly how I felt when I was trying to check my grandmother's thermostat.  Even a step stool would not have been tall enough.  I bet this ATM doesn't get much use.


This made me laugh out loud.  Hey!  Clean the counter top and brush your teeth at the same time.  It's a time saver!!  Really.


This must be a ladies room somewhere.....


Now these are some extreme measures to take for a diet, don't you think?


Is that a wall-mounted spotlight just above this balcony??  Not only did we screw up, let's shine a bright light on it so everyone can see our awesomeness!


I laugh at this, only slightly.  I have a massive oak tree in the middle of my driveway.  The tree is probably 3- to 4-feet in diameter.  Our home sits on the back of the 1st acre of our 3-acre property.  So, my driveway is quite long.  The oak tree sits closer to our home rather than at the end of the driveway, and our driveway curves around the tree.  So, there is a difference people.  There IS.



I think this is a little too close for comfort.  I have to laugh at this because it reminds me of last night.  Last night was my oldest son's final middle school band concert of the year.  Some friends were there because their daughter is in the band as well.  So, we sat with our friends, making six of us total.  One dad sat on the end of the row, so I suggested that my husband sit next to him so they could visit, and I would sit next to the mom.  Ben's response?  "Oh no... That wouldn't look right."  Heaven forbid they sit next to each other so they could carry on a conversation.  Instead they each sat on opposite ends and shouted around the rest of us during intermission.  Guys!!


Is this a portal to the spirit world?

source
Peeping just got a whole lot easier.


I wonder how long it took them to figure out the problem with the video feed.


You're familiar with Stairway to Heaven?  Meet road to nowhere.

Well, folks.... I'm going to close for today.

Happy Hump Day, ya'll!!