Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 221)



--- 1 ---
Last weekend was a long, exhausting weekend for us.  The AR Easton Elite hosted a Cal Ripkin baseball tournament to raise money to help off-set our travel expenses for the World Series.  It's alot of work for us parents, but  it's so worth it.  Unfortunately, I got extremely sunburned in spite of wearing sunscreen.  My feet are also killing me, even though I wore tennis shoes both days.  But, I'll eventually bounce back.  We raised a great deal of money to help our boys, and that's what it's all about. 

--- 2 ---
Where I live, we were beginning to wonder if spring/summer would ever arrive.  It sure was slow coming, but man has it arrived with a vengeance.  Thankfully, it had not arrived in full force when we were working our baseball tournament.  But this week we're seeing temps in the upper 90s and 100s already.  I'm not complaining though.  I would much rather have hot temperatures than cold ones.  I am NOT a cold weather person. 

Sadly, these temps can cause a major problem for some folks in the form of chafing.  Let me just say that someone in our household has been using a whole lot of this:


It's not just for diaper rash anymore.......
--- 3 ---
Being gone all weekend, means I'm also trying to catch up on the laundry.  I usually do at least a load a night and spend the weekend finishing up what's left.  Since we we were only home to sleep this past weekend,  I'm being overrun by dirty laundry. 

My pile of laundry isn't quite this massive, but it sure feels that way!  If this were actually my pile of laundry, I think I'd just have to move.
--- 4 ---
Speaking of laundry, I have issues keeping my boys' clothing white.  Do any of you have any tips for cleaning white clothing (and keeping them sparkling white) that you would care to share? 
--- 5 ---
Minivan versus SUV?  What are your thoughts on this?  I've always said I would never drive a mini van.  However, I'm looking to reduce our debt, and I'm not really happy with my Honda Pilot.  So, I thought why on earth should I pay as much as I am for something I'm not completely happy with.  (I know, never end a sentence with a preposition.  LOL)  When we paid off my Tahoe, my husband starting driving it because he was driving an old beat up work truck.  I really miss my Tahoe, but certainly not that payment. When I bought my Pilot I was looking for something that was comparabel to the Tahoe with regard to seating and storage, but with a lower price.  Hence the Pilot.  I never even considered a minivan.

Shortly before we bought our Pilot, some friends of ours bought a minivan.  Now after having ridden in her van many times, my  youngest and I decided to test drive one the other day.  Oh my goodness.  It rides much better than my Pilot, and there's very little road noise.  Even better, I should be able to get one for less than I'm paying on my Pilot.  I think it's a no-brainer, but my husband isn't quite so convinced.  I think he may still be thinking about the stigma of a minivan.  We're too cool, ya know?  LOL!  But, if I can reduce our monthly car payment by $200 or so, AND be happy with my vehicle.... no brainer.  I think I'll check into it  further this weekend. 
--- 6 ---
I think that's all I have for today.  I hope you all have a happy and safe weekend.
--- 7 ---

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.