Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Sopapilla Cheesecake

Finding a quick and easy recipe that will satisfy the sweet tooth of each member in my household is not always an easy task, especially since one of my sons doesn't like chocolate.  **gasp!**  I know!  That just doesn't seem natural does it?  But it's true.  My oldest son really doesn't care for chocolate.  Thankfully, tonight I was able to find something that everyone loved
- a Sopapilla Cheesecake.  My goodness!  This recipe was so easy.

Unfortunately, I was a slacker blogger and didn't take any pictures while I was preparing this dish.  I have to apologize for the bad cell phone pictures I did manage take, but I had to take pictures quickly before all of the goodies disappeared.  My boys (hubby included) could barely wait until I took the dish out of the oven, in fact, about 5 pieces were already missing by the time I grabbed my cell and took these pictures of someone's plate.  Sorry.


Here's what you'll need.

2 cans crescent rolls
2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon, approximately 1 tsp

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare a 9x13 dish using either non-stick spray or butter.  Roll out one can of crescent rolls covering the bottom of the 9x13 dish.  Press the seams together to seal.  Mix cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla until creamy, then spread over the layer of crescent roll dough.  Roll out the second package of crescents, and place it on top of the cream cheese mixture.  Combine melted butter, remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon and pour over the top layer of crescent dough.

Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.


Allow to cool before serving, if you can.  LOL!  This was really yummy and so super easy.  It will definitely be added as one of go-to recipes when I need something quick. 

Enjoy!

I'm linking up with:

HookingupwithHoH