Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday - Minus 1 or 2


Not much to say this Friday.

Kali Hardig continues to improve and wrote her name for the first time since being admitted to the hospital in July.  Please continue to pray for this young lady. 
This is our last weekend before school starts.  Yay!  I'm ready for a normal routine - crazy though it might be.
As of the 15th, we are now using an envelope budgeting system.  I'm sure the first few months will be trial and error (mostly error).  But we are determined to eliminate our debt, and hope to be debt free (including our house) within just a few years.

If you have experience using an envelope budgeting system  we would certainly like to hear any tips you might have.  Do you use regular paper envelopes or did you splurge and purchase Dave Ramsey's envelope system or another more substantial system from somewhere like etsy?  I really like some of those on etsy, but I'm not sure I can justify the expense.   We'll use the paper envelopes for a while and see how that goes.
Our weather this week has been perfect!  If I didn't know any better, I would swear it was October.  Highs have been in the mid 80s and night time temps are cool and crisp.  Unfortunately, I understand next week is supposed to be back to 100 degree temps.  That's Arkansas for you. 

I hope to get out this weekend and enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts, and I hope you all will do the same.
I told you I didn't really have much to say today, so I'm going to close for today.

Have a wonderful weekend.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!