Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

UGH!!  My blogger is acting up again.  There's no telling what this post will look like.
My oldest son was recently exposed to something very scary.  You can read about it here.
He actually gave us a scare Wednesday night when found him asleep at 5:30, and he didn't awaken until 6:30 the next morning.

We are now on Day 8, and I think it's safe to assume we're in the clear.  Thank the good Lord! 

Please keep Kali in your prayers.  She continues to improve each day, but she still has a long fight ahead of her.
I'm happy to say that after two full weeks of busting our fannies, a vast majority of our unfinished home improvement projects are now complete.  Oh, there are a few minor things we still need to finish, and I can live with that for now.  The major projects that mocked me each and every single day have been conquered.  Yay!
The start of the new school year is fast approaching, and I'm so ready!  I'm ready to get back on a regular schedule.  This weekend is tax free weekend.  Are you going to brave the crowd to save a few dollars on your back to school shopping?  Me?  No way, man!  It's like Black Friday shopping to me - I am not getting out there.  My bail would cost more than any savings I might get. 
This is one of the first weekends we've had in a long time where we aren't travelling for baseball and don't have work to do on projects.  So.... I plan on chilling.  YUP!
I hope you all have a blessed weekend.  Enjoy the time with your families!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!