Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What the Heck Wednesday

My oldest son will be 13 very soon, and there has plenty of birthday talk -  you know, party, gifts, cake, etc.  He even put in a request for a certain type of cake because he only likes one kind of icing.  So, the thought of ordering his cake piqued my curiosity as to what kind of cake screw ups might be out there. Thankfully there is a site called Cake Wrecks that features just that.... screw ups.  So, I thought I would share some of the cakes I found:

If you have a picky person, like my son, who wants everything vanilla and only whipped cream icing, more than likely you'll have to special order the cake.  You think you're playing it safe by telling them you want nothing written on the cake....
Think again.

A baby shower is always a great reason to celebrate. But who could eat this? I can't imagine cutting into this....


It even looks a little like my oldest when he was a baby. It brings to mind what Shelby said when describing the infamous grooms cake in Steel Magnolias. You all remember that one, right? I hope the cake inside isn't red velvet. UGH!
 
I really don't think I could eat any of these either. Although I have to admit the sculpting of the icing was done very well.... Still, not eating it.
Okay, I've heard of a dump cake, but I think this is taking things a leeeetle too far.
 
Gross!!
 
Gender reveal parties have become all the rage.  If you're not familiar, it's a party where the expectant couple  learns the gender of their baby or maybe they already know but have a party to reveal the gender to family and friends.  Anyway.... typically the icing is something neutral, and the gender is revealed when the couple cuts into the cake revealing either a pink or blue cake.  What's wrong with this picture?

Well, besides the fact that they're have a gril....
 
The ink on the marriage certificate isn't even dry yet, and there's already name calling....
 
 
I suppose this takes the bride's cake to a whole new level.... 

 
 
A wedding cake that is a life-sized replica of the bride.  Ummm.... really?  Someone should have reined this bride in because apparently she has more money than taste and an ego the size of Texas.
OMG!  Is this cake for a podiatrist or something??  Blech!!

That's it!  I'm done! I just grossed myself out!

Seriously, I'm gone!

Happy Hump Day, ya'll