Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

Sorry I've been MIA.  It's been a rough couple of weeks.  I came down with what is known around here as "the crud."  I prefer to call it the plague.  Either way, it wasn't fun - still isn't actually.  Although I'm definitely on the mend, this weekend marks two full weeks that I've been battling whatever has befallen me.  It's the plague, I tell ya.  

I have fairly severe allergies which I believe often leave my immune system weakened.  I'm afraid Gabriel has been "blessed" with my allergies.  My baby boy got sick around the same time I did; however, his particular ailment brought a sinus infection to the party as well.  Good times!  In fact, this is his 2nd sinus infection in less than a month.  He and I seem to be the two in the family who are sick quite often.  So, I think it's time to have him allergy tested.  I pray that I'm wrong about his allergies, but we need to find out why he always has the sniffles and is sick so often.   

Number one son, Garrett, also got sick last weekend, and he rarely ever gets sick.  Well, now that he's no longer in daycare, he rarely gets sick.  He was so pitiful, but at least I managed to get a smile from him Monday when I dropped him off at school.  I told him not to be kissing on any girls and making them sick. 
In addition to being sick or the past two weeks, it was budget time at work.  UGH!  Yeah.  I have not one, not two, but THREE budgets I have to prepare.  So, I had to hide away in my office, suffer through and pray that I didn't spread the plague.  A friend already calls me Typhoid Mary....

People would knock on my door, and I'd sniff, snort, sputter and practically cough up a lung in acknowledgement.  Oddly enough, they would raise and hand and gingerly back away.  HA!  So, yeah.... I was actually able to finalize my budgets ahead of schedule.  Yay me!
This will be a short list today.  Did I mention I'm still battling the plague?   I'm so tired.  Battling really takes it out of ya.
I know I had something really great I wanted to talk about, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.  Must've been really great, huh?
 I'm just babbling in my medicated state.  So, I think I'll end here.
I hope you all have a wonderful, plague-free weekend!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!