Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday


--- 1 ---
Everyone seems to be on the mend, so there won't be as much whining in this Quick Takes.  At least, I don't think there will be.  

--- 2 ---

Last weekend, the Easton Elite 10 Major played in the Fall State tournament.  It was a really long weekend.  We didn't get home until almost 11p.m. Sunday night, and I really felt for our team mates who still had another 1-1/2 drive ahead of them.  BUT, coming home with the State Championship is an awesome thing!!  I'm so proud of our boys! 

 
 
--- 3 ---
Since we got home so late Sunday night, everyone was really tired., especially Gabe.  Saturday night, one of his team mates and best buds spent the night with us.  Sunday morning, the two boys decided to go into Garrett's room and play and they made a huge mess.  Unfortunately, they didn't clean it up before we had to leave for the ballpark.  So, Monday night, I sent Gabe to his brother's room to pick up the mess.  After a short time, I went to offer my help because I knew how tired he was.  This is what I found.  
 
Of all the places to lay your head, a guitar would not be my choice.  My husband said he figures Gabe just finally reached the point where he passed out.  We woke him up and sent him to his room where he slept until midnight.  He then came and crawled in bed with me and slept the remainder of the night.
 
--- 4 ---
 
I need this shirt!


--- 5 ---
Friday we head to Southhaven, MS, for Fall Nationals.  Please keep all the families in your prayers as they travel.  Thanks!
BTW, as usual, our home is being watched by gun-loving (and packing) family members and the cop who lives across the street.  So fuhgetabout it!

We're looking forward to spending some time with our Elite family. This is our last tournament of the season.  Honestly, we're ready for a break, but we're going so much all of the time, it's odd when everything comes to a screeching halt.  We pick up again in November with strength and conditioning.  

Gabe is gearing up for basketball though, and for the 1st time ever I think Garrett wants to play basketball too.  The director of the program is one of his summer counselors, and he's been talking to Garrett for the last few years trying to convince him to play.  He says Garrett is really good, but I think Garrett lacks some confidence.  Of course, with the right coach, they can help with the confidence.  So, I hope that he gets a good coach.  He loves basketball, and I'd hate for him to have a bad first year. 
--- 7 ---
I'm going to keep it short today, I still have a lot of laundry to do and packing to finish before we go.  We love the travelling, but man!  It's work!
  Go Elite!!

I hope you all have a blessed weekend.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!