Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday



--- 1 ---

My youngest son was allergy tested this week. Thankfully he doesn't have many allergies,just molds and three specific trees - red cedar, sweet gum and oaks. Unfortunately, we have 3 acres of oak trees and there is basically an oak forrest all around us. Molds? Of course, those are found everywhere. So, we plan to start immunotherapy for him. We'll go in for the first of three sets of shots on Monday. Then after the third set of shots next Friday, we'll continue the injections at home. I'll give him his shots at first, but I'm sure we'll eventually get to a point where he will be able to do them himself with supervision. That makes two of us in the household who are taking allergy shots. Hopefully, we'll see fewer sick days for him. I haven't really thought about it, but so far it seems that I've had fewer sinus infections since I started immunotherapy. However, we are fast approaching another bad time of year for me - when leaves start falling and rotting on the ground... UGH! So, I guess we'll see. It will probably be a bad time for Gabe too - rotting, moldy oak leaves. Yay!!

--- 2 ---


A new On the Border opened in our area, and I can't wait to try it. When Ben was on a travelling men's softball team, there were two restaurants we always had to go to when we were in Dallas. On the Border was one of those restaurants. Several years ago they opened one in West Little Rock, but it just didn't seem to provide all the goodness I remembered from our Dallas trips. I'm hoping this one won't disappoint. Maybe it was the company we were with in Dallas which provided such good memories and not necessarily the food. Hmmm..... We sure miss that crew, for sure!

--- 3 ---

I'm going to whine just a little now. I was up a majority of the night with "stomach issues." I still don't feel well. But, I go ahead and shower and get ready for work. One of the last things I do, is my hair. That's when I discovered that my hair dryer was dead. DEAD! We reset the GFCI, no luck. We took the dryer to the kitchen and tried it there. Nada! So, I asked Ben to get the dryer out of his truck that he uses for work. It's one of my old ones that he uses to speed the thawing process when an HVAC or appliance has frozen up. That one didn't work either. Seriously?? Thankfully my in-laws live close, so I packed up and went to their house to finish getting ready. Then I pull in to work to discover that our service elevator broke down some time during the night, I'm assuming while the cleaning crew was there, in other words before 10p.m. We were expecting a semi truck full of furniture to arrive at 8a.m., and we had no functional service elevator!! Even though there is a guard on-site 24/7, and they obviously knew about both the inoperable service elevator and the furniture truck coming, they didn't connect the dots. UGH!! So, what was supposed to be a 2-hour furniture delivery turned into much, much longer. Meanwhile other trades were also getting backed up waiting for their turn on the dock.
Can I get a TGIF??

--- 4 ---

Teens and phones, well electronics in general. I'm kinda digging my oldest son's new found interest in "socializing." Now, when he doesn't do what I've asked him to do, all I have to do is say, "bring me your phone" or PSV or iPad or whatever it is he's focused on at the moment, and he sure gets his behind in gear. Let me tell you!

--- 5 ---


Deodorant crystals. I may have mentioned this before. Have any of you tried them? They are supposedly all natural and will last approximately a year. You wet either your arm pits or the end of the crystal and apply as you would a regular deodorant stick. There's no gummy, sticky mess. No worrying about getting white deodorant all over your clothes. I've been using it for about a week now. So far, so good. Of course, it's now fall, so it's not a true test of a deodorant - that would be an Arkansas summer. But, I really like it so far. I think my husband has been using it too, and thankfully I haven't noticed any odor. So, I think this might be a winner. If you've used this product, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

--- 6 ---

That's all I have for today. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


--- 7 ---


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!