Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What the Heck Wednesday

Recently temperatures have been chilly in the mornings here.  So, we're pulling out the long pants, long sleeves, etc.  I don't think I've worn any of them yet, but we're getting ready for the really cold temps when those warmer clothes will be required.  For my family of hot-natured people, it has to be pretty darned chilly to put away those shorts, I'm talking highs of upper 50s and lower 60s.  Ironically when I lived in Miami, temps in the upper 50s and lower 60s caused a large number of people to pull out their furs and leather.  Seriously.

I know ankle boots, booties, shoeties, whatever you want to call them, are popular again this year.  I already have a couple of pair of black that I can wear, but I've been looking for a brown pair.  (I'd also like to find a pair a nice brown boots, but that's another story for another time.)  Since I hate shopping where do I turn?
Yup - I turn to one of my favorite online shopping sites, and since I've recently sold some items on this site, I have some money in my Paypal account.  Yay!

I scrolled through page after page, and I didn't see much that caught my eye.  Well, at least not in a good way.  Finally after 20-something pages of disappointment, it dawned on me that I should share some of this goodness (badness?) on WTHW. Yeah, I'm sharp, huh?  Aaaanyway, I continued to scroll through until about page 40, then finally gave up.  Of course, with my luck, the pair of my dreams was probably on page 52.....

So, let's see what I found so far...

 
There were lots and lots of these in all shapes and colors.  I'm probably about to tick my one and only reader off, but UGGs? Really?  Let me just say this - are we done with this trend yet??  Folks, those things are not attractive whatsoever.  They're glorified house shoes.  When you wear them in public, you look like you're auditioning for people of Wal*Mart.  Okay, there, I said it!  Whew!  I feel better now.
As if UGGs aren't ugly enough, let's make them in a furry platform as well.  UGH!  These look like Frankenstein's UGGs.
These are called FitFlop workout boots.  Ummm.  Where are you that you have to wear something like this when you work out?  If it's so miserably cold and there's that much snow on the ground, might I suggest you use a gym?
The Jeffrey Campbell, peep toe boot.  This seems quite schizophrenic to me.  Am I boot or a shoe?  Boot?  Shoe?  Aaaaah!!
These look like the feet of a punk rock Yeti!

These remind me of a sheep dog.  I actually have a Yeti cartoon stuck in my mind.  Was he on a Bugs Bunny episode?

Shoot!!  I wonder why the pictures are blurry on almost all of the good stuff I found.  Basically most of the somewhat clear pictures are those of UGGs.  It's so, frustrating.  I think it's a conspiracy.  So, I guess this has morphed into an UGG post.  So, let's roll with it since I have no time for more research.
 
Believe it or not, UGG does have some nice designs.  Yet, most folks continue to wear the ugly, shapeless extremely unflattering design I see everywhere.  Why?? By the way, I may or may not have a few of the nicer designs on my watch list.  So, let's take a look at a some of my preferred designs by UGG, shall we? 

 
Why say you?   Are you pro "ugly UGG?"  If so, why?  Oh, whyyyyyyy???
 
Happy Hump Day, ya'll!!