Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday


I can't believe it's already the 2nd weekend in November.  Time is passing much too quickly  STOP!

--- 2 ---
Both boys had their first basketball practice this week.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I've never seen my oldest do anything other than shoot a few free throws at home, and he's actually pretty darned good.  I hope he has fun.

My youngest, well he's on the same team with several of his buddies, one of which is an Elite brother and his older brother.  They are close.  5 of the 9 or 10 kids on the team are scrappy.  So, I certainly see some scuffles in our future.
What is it with kids? My youngest is Mr. Sucky Attitude right now. Well, actually it's been going on for quite a while now, and I'm tired of it! I've heard a few others say their 10 year olds are acting the same way. Is it a phase they go through? I don't remember this with my oldest, then again, I may have conveniently blocked those memories.
--- 4 ---
I started a new set of immunotherapy vials this week.  I'm excited that soon I'll be able to reduce my number of shots to 2 times a week.  Yay!  Not only do I have to do my own shots three times a week, but I have to give Gabe gets shots as well.  Since he's such an active little boy, the best time to do his shots is first thing in the morning, so I do mine then too, and it takes some time to prepare and administer 4 shots.  Gabe is a good sport though, for the most part. 
Our parish priest challenged us to participate in a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) challenge this week so that we might get a small glimpse of what it's like for those who receive SNAP.  We were allowed to spend only $4.50 per person per day.  Unfortunately, we did not participate because we weren't able to use food, seasonings, etc., that we purchased prior to the start of the challenge, and our week was just too busy for me to get back to the market.  I can see where it would be an eye-opening challenge.  
--- 6 ---
It has gotten fairly cold here in The Rock.  By cold, I mean it's in been in the low 40s when we wake up.  Brrrrr...  I know that's not cold to some of you, but it's colder than I'd like to be.  We live in the South for a reason, well many actually, and weather is just one of them.  I love the beautiful changing of the leaves, if only they'd hang on to those tree branches and not litter my yard.  **sigh**  I don't suppose I can have it all.
That's all I have for today, so I'm outta here folks!  Have a super awesome weekend.  Get outside and enjoy some sunshine if you can.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!