Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday


Do you realize there are only 11 shopping days until Christmas. Aaaaaah!! I'm not ready.  

My boys have promised me they will all be in the kitchen with me tonight helping me bake. I feel certain they'll bail on me after about 30 minutes.

 This morning, someone who lives about 20 minutes away posted on facebook that she had sleet hitting her windshield. I felt a brief moment of panic. Nooooooo! No more ice! I can't take it. Summer, please hurry. I sure do miss you.
--- 3 ---
Monday my youngest had some "tummy issues" so Tuesday he stayed home, and his daddy stayed with him. However, while he was home with his dad, the boy felt the need to continually call me throughout the day to report on bowel movements. Oh the joys of motherhood.
Disclaimer: This picture was taken on one of our "ice days" last week. However, I'm sure he did a great deal of this Tuesday, just add an xBox controller to his hand.

--- 4 ---
I just cannot get into the Holiday spirit this year.  Each year in the cold months, I fall into what I call a winter funk.  I think that funk has actually arrived earlier than normal this year.  I think I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Of course, I'm not a doctor, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once. Ahem, anyway..... Whatever it is, I need to shake it!
--- 5 ---
 
I'm a nerd.  I admit it.  In school I hated history.  Now I'm fascinated by it.  I rarely watch network television because, quite frankly, there's rarely anything there fit to watch, especially with children in the room.  So, I watch a great deal of History Channel, H2, etc.

I've happened onto a show called America Unearthed.  This show is right up my alley.  I'm a firm believer that there were others who visited here long before Columbus ever set foot in North America, and this show explored theories along those lines.  This past week was the Season 2 premier, and they explored theories and possible evidence that the Ark of the Covenant is actually hidden here in the United States, more specifically Arizona.  Are any of you interested in stuff like this?
--- 6 ---
Things are going to be so hectic this weekend.  I'm really not looking forward to it.  See QT number 4.  I AM looking forward to my boys' first basketball games of the season.  Go Timberwolves!  Garrett, my oldest, hasn't played any organized sports in a few years, and I'm excited that he's decided to get back into it.

--- 7 ---
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!