Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday


---1---
TGIF!  Am I right? 
 ---2---
I think Mother Nature must be suffering from hot flashes.  One day it's 70 degrees here, the next day it's 12 degrees.  TWELVE!!  UGH!  I am NOT a winter person - never have been, never will be.  I cannot stand the cold.  You'd think I have enough padding to stay relatively warm, but you'd be WRONG!!

---3---
Speaking of my extra padding, I'm dieting again.  I won't go into much detail here, but I think I will post occasional updates for some accountability.  I'm not involved in any kind of competition nor has there has been any kind of surgical procedure, etc.  I'm doing this for me and my children.  They deserve a healthy mother, and I need to set a better example for them.  I'm not proud of that, but I'm working to change it.  Please keep me in your prayers as I go through this journey toward a healthier me and a new healthier lifestyle for my whole family.

LOL!  I bet that would work.  It seems like I read somewhere that to help her eat less, Dolly Parton would order whatever she wanted from the menu.  As soon as the food arrived, she would pour a great deal of salt all over about 1/2 of her food.

I will say that drinking 64 ounces of water each day is not difficult, I usually drink a great deal of water anyway.  But, I'm not thrilled about waking up three times a night to potty.
---4---
Exercising, well I used to be very athletic in my younger days.  I quit playing softball when I was in my 30s, and it seems the pounds have been packing on since. But I think last night I might have set a new record for slow. 

I got on the stationary bike last night (please fix my treadmill, Ben!!) I pedalled at a pretty good pace (between 87 & 90 rpms) - had I stayed at that pace for an hour, I would have burned 341 calories.  Sadly, I burned only  57 calories.  What is that?  A tic tac? Tonight, I'm aiming for 100 calories burned.  Slow and steady my friends.  Slow and steady.
---5---
I'm so proud of my little Travis.  He's small, a miniature dachshund weighing all of 11 pounds, but he thinks he's a rottweiler.  Yesterday we had our home appraised.  The appraiser was a male.  Prior to his arrival, I had already locked both Travis and Bitsy in their kennels, just in case.  When the appraiser arrived, Travis was barking and growling, and absolutely would not stop no matter how much I tried to soothe him.  I finally had to take him out of his kennel and hold him.  I think the little fella was trying to protect me.  Once he was in my arms, he was fine.  He was still on high alert, but he was no longer going berzerk with the barking and growling.  Maybe he wanted to ensure he had easy access should the guy try any funny business.  Who knows.  But Travis is my little sweetheart, for sure.
---6---
 ---7---
Not much today, folks.  

For more Quick Takes, visit Jennifer at Conversion Diary