Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What the Heck Wednesday

As I mentioned a few days ago, I didn't really make any resolutions for 2014.  I haven't had much success in the past, so why set myself up for failure.  But I do have a few goals in mind.  One of which is to improve my health.  Part of that means that I have to get my big behind in gear and exercise more.  Okay, who are we kidding.  Exercise. Period.

I've gained so much weight these past few years, I don't really have many workout pieces that fit comfortably, so I tried to find a few basic pieces online.  It's frustrating to do a search for plus-sized exercise clothes and repeatedly get results with models who are size 0....  Really?
I want to see REAL plus sized women modeling the clothing if it's supposed to be plus sized.  Oh, and plus sized is NOT a size 10.  Honestly!  It's no wonder we women have self-esteem issues when we are constantly force fed that you have to be a tiny sized 0 to be an attractive, healthy woman.  I call BS!

But, I digress.....  Anyway, I was going to do a post on the awesomeness that is plus-sized workout gear.  I felt sure I'd find tons of really ugly, grandma-looking stuff.  But, nope!  Other than copious pics of Kim Kardashian's backside in see thru yoga pants, I didn't see too much ugliness.

I did find a few questionable pieces that I'll share.
Wow!  Does this remind anyone else of Cheryl Tiegs and Jane Fonda?

Ummmm....  I've said this before... Puh-leeeeeze, be aware of the patterns you are wearing on your body.  For Pete's sake, avoid any pattern that places a giant arrow on your privates.  Especially if you're going to be sweating in that garment.  Just sayin'.


Why would anyone want to wear a pair of shorts that deliberately gives you a wedgie?  I'll pass.

Okay, now for some things that I actually like, and may possibly order at a later date to reward myself.
For those that have seen me work out or participate in sports, ya'll know I sweat.  A LOT!  I never understood all those women who could play softball in 100 degree Arkansas temps and never sweat.  At the end of the game their hair was still perfect, makeup flawless, etc.  Me?  Yeah, not so much!  My jersey was usually sopping wet, my hair was dripping with sweat and any make up I bothered to wear would have melted away within the first few minutes of play and that was when I was in great shape.  It wasn't pretty folks.  So, this tee would be perfect for my workouts - EXCEPT not in white..  Never white!  Ugh!  Sweat!  Remember??

Respect All, Fear None - that's what we always tell our Easton Elite baseball team.  

Believe and Achieve - I first heard this when I was a beauty consultant drooling over that pearl pink Cadillac.  If you believe it, you can achieve it.  It's true!

For some reason this tee makes me think about the Christmas special Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  Do any of you remember the song that is sung when Kris Kringle is trying to convince the Winter Warlock to change his nasty ways?  Put One Foot In Front of the Other.  Not sure why that just popped in my head, but it sure is appropriate. You just have to take things one step at a time, but most importantly, keep going - don't give up!  Here are the lyrics:

[Speech]
Winter: I really am a mean, and despicable creature at heart you know. It's difficult to [sniff] really change.
Kris: Difficult? [chuckles] Why, why look here, changing from bad to good is as easy as taking your first step.
[Chorus]
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walking 'cross the floor.
You put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walking out the door.
You never will get where you're going
If ya never get up on your feet.
Come on, there's a good tail wind blowin'
A fast walking man is hard to beat.
[Chorus]
If you want to change your direction,
If your time of life is at hand,
Well, don't be the rule, be the exception
A good way to start is to stand.
[Chorus]
Winter: If I want to change the reflection
I see in the mirror each morn...
Kris: Oh, you do.
Winter: You mean that it's just my election?
Kris: Just that.
Winter: To vote for a chance to be reformed? Woo-hoo!


 Isn't that the truth?  If excuses did burn calories, I'd be a skinny Minnie.

And for days when I feel exceptionally whiney.....

I'd also like to a get a skort or two...

What girl couldn't use a pair of pretty new shoes?

And a great workout bag.

There.... I think I'm set for now.  Hopefully I'll be shopping for a reward soon, and I think I've got some pretty good stuff from which to choose.

My cousin posted this on facebook a while back, and it made me laugh out loud.


Have a great Wednesday ya'll!!